Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Repeater inside a repeater....how?

Repeater inside a repeater....how?

voidfill3d@yahoo.com

I am looking to create a report via a table like structure similar to
that of a report you would create in MS Access.

For example:

Category1
----------------------------
ID Name Field1 Field2
1 Bob Data Data
3 Sally Data Data

Category2
----------------------------
ID Name Field1 Field2
2 Greg Data Data
4 Marge Data Data

Instead of the usual:

ID Name Field1 Field2 CategoryName
------------------------------*-------------
1 Bob Data Data Category1
3 Sally Data Data Category1
2 Greg Data Data Category2
4 Marge Data Data Category2

I guess you can do this by putting a repeater inside a repeater, but
how? I use stored procedures in SQL 2000.

Can anyone help me out?

THANKS!

Karl Seguin

Check out:
http://openmymind.net/index.aspx?documentId=8#7

It explains how to do it using either DataSet/Relationships or
objects/references.

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials