Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Favorites/Bookmarks problem

Favorites/Bookmarks problem

slatconsulting

I tried Firefox for a week before switching back to IE. I use Windows 98,
and it allows me to quickly access my favorites in IE full-screen mode by
placing the mouse cursor all the way to the left side of the screen. When
the page finishes loading, the bookmarks tab shrinks and disappears off the
screen. By contrast, Firefox won't let me do this. Someone told me I had to
type "ctrl B" to achieve the same effect in Firefox. I did that, and the
bookmarks DID appear in the same manner (left side of the screen), but they
just stayed there after the new page loaded. I therefore had to hit the "X"
to get them off the screen. Do I have to use "ctrl B" in Firefox EVERY time
I want to access my bookmarks in full-screen mode? If so, that's a colossal
pain in the ass. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Roland

On 15-3-2005 1:09, slatconsulting wrote:

> I tried Firefox for a week before switching back to IE. I use Windows 98,
> and it allows me to quickly access my favorites in IE full-screen mode by
> placing the mouse cursor all the way to the left side of the screen. When
> the page finishes loading, the bookmarks tab shrinks and disappears off the
> screen. By contrast, Firefox won't let me do this. Someone told me I had to
> type "ctrl B" to achieve the same effect in Firefox. I did that, and the
> bookmarks DID appear in the same manner (left side of the screen), but they
> just stayed there after the new page loaded. I therefore had to hit the "X"
> to get them off the screen. Do I have to use "ctrl B" in Firefox EVERY time
> I want to access my bookmarks in full-screen mode? If so, that's a colossal
> pain in the ass. Perhaps I'm missing something.

AFAIK, the Bookmarks Sidebar of Firefox does not have the autohide
feature like IE. In IE's full screen mode the favorites explorer bar
only autohides if it is unpinned (i.e. with the push pin removed).
--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter
___ ___