Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Mozilla Suite to be discontinued

Mozilla Suite to be discontinued

theo

abcnews article yesterday states that
mozilla suite will be discontinued.

Will everyone be stuck with NVU?

Will Firefox pickup the Composer and mail/news?

theo

abcnews article yesterday states that
mozilla suite will be discontinued.

Will everyone be stuck with NVU?

Will Firefox pickup the Composer and mail/news?

theo

"theo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> abcnews article yesterday states that
> mozilla suite will be discontinued.
>
> Will everyone be stuck with NVU?
>
> Will Firefox pickup the Composer and mail/news?

and what about netscape?

theo

Watchman

theo wrote:

> abcnews article yesterday states that
> mozilla suite will be discontinued.
>
> Will everyone be stuck with NVU?
>
> Will Firefox pickup the Composer and mail/news?

No, that's what Thunderbird is for.

Watchman
--
'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

Michael Gordon

theo wrote:

>abcnews article yesterday states that
>mozilla suite will be discontinued.
>
>Will everyone be stuck with NVU?
>
>Will Firefox pickup the Composer and mail/news?

Hello Theo,

Mozilla the Suite is not dead like the media thinks, that media spin.

Read the "Head Lizard Wrangler's" blog and she will explain it as
clearly as possible.

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/mitchell/

Michael

Michael Gordon

theo wrote:

>"theo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

>>abcnews article yesterday states that
>>mozilla suite will be discontinued.
>>
>>Will everyone be stuck with NVU?
>>
>>Will Firefox pickup the Composer and mail/news?
>>

>and what about netscape?
>
>theo

The latest Netscape will be a web browser only patterned after Firefox.

Michael

Leonidas Jones

theo wrote:
> abcnews article yesterday states that
> mozilla suite will be discontinued.
>
> Will everyone be stuck with NVU?
>
> Will Firefox pickup the Composer and mail/news?

I've never had a lot of use for either Mozilla Composer, or Nvu, but
those that do seem to think Nvu is quite a bit superior to Composer.

Use Thunderbird for Mail/News.

Or keep using the Suite. The Mozilla Foundation will be issuing a
1.8b2, and probably a i.8b, and, most likely a series of 1.9 alpha and
beta builds. They just won't be releasing final builds.

They will also be releasing 1.7.6 soon, and other security release on
the 1.7 branch.

I have been testing 1.8b1, and would have no problem recommending it to
a user. Keep an eye on reports, and go for it.

Then keep an eye on the independent Seamonkey group, who plan to release
final builds based on the suite code in the betas.

All is not lost.

Lee

Xin Zhang

theo wrote:
> abcnews article yesterday states that
> mozilla suite will be discontinued.

Mozilla.org published this news back in 2002 I believe. And don't panic,
the core of the suite is still being developed. And you can actually get
something new frequently.

> Will everyone be stuck with NVU?
>
> Will Firefox pickup the Composer and mail/news?

Maybe not, the mail and news is the task of thunderbird, but the
composing component is in the core.

Keith Bowes

Xin Zhang wrote:
> theo wrote:
>
>> abcnews article yesterday states that
>> mozilla suite will be discontinued.

> Mozilla.org published this news back in 2002 I believe.

But, it become a case of the boy who cried wolf fairly quickly. Only
recently has it became obvious that they probably mean it, but
regardless of whether they do or not, us users will create a separate
successor that won't be subject to the stagnation associated with MoFo
being the maintainers.

John Corliss

Michael Gordon wrote:
> theo wrote:
>
>> abcnews article yesterday states that
>> mozilla suite will be discontinued.
>>
>> Will everyone be stuck with NVU?
>>
>> Will Firefox pickup the Composer and mail/news?
>>

> Hello Theo,
>
> Mozilla the Suite is not dead like the media thinks, that media spin.
>
> Read the "Head Lizard Wrangler's" blog and she will explain it as
> clearly as possible.
>
> http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/mitchell/
>
> Michael

Michael, what date was the entry you refer to?

TIA

--
Regards from John Corliss

Mozilla pieces versus Mozilla Suite Doug Chadduck Firefox 40 02-12-2006 10:27 PM
Importing address book from Mozilla Suite Tennessee Tony Firefox 2 03-11-2005 02:59 PM
Mozilla suite password Alan Firefox 1 01-17-2005 10:00 PM
Upgrade of Mozilla Suite Coorslte Firefox 2 10-17-2003 08:13 PM

Advertisments