Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Listbox problem

Listbox problem

EDom

I have 6000 records to bind on the listbox. It is very slow. Can anyone
suggest a better option.
I have this listbox in a picklist design.

=?Utf-8?B?Rng=?=

have a look at
http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en

from what I can gather they are using AJAX to get client side javascript to
call a web service. (This makes the whole thing more dynamic)
You could write a simple web service which accepts a string uses it to do a
'word%' type sql filtered search and would only return relevant rows as some
kind of delimited string and use javascript to populate the list box

Another option would be to have a popup window which allows you to search
the list , the datagrid returned when clicked would pass the Text and Value
back to the parent window. This would be kind of like those popup calendar
controls

Cheers

Felix

Eliyahu Goldin

Obviously, you need to introduce a sort of hierarchy in the design.

Eliyahu

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...