Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > features that were done in 1.8

features that were done in 1.8

bulk88@hotmail.com

"In addition, a set of people have done a non-trivial amount of work on
1.8 features, thinking this would be part of an official Mozilla
Foundation release. This has been a major error on our part. These
contributors have reason to be unhappy with us. We can only apologize,
at the same time recognizing that apologies only go so far and can't
fix the error."

http://www.mozilla.org/seamonkey-transition.html

They mention new features were added to 1.8, what ever they?

Leonidas Jones

> "In addition, a set of people have done a non-trivial amount of work on
> 1.8 features, thinking this would be part of an official Mozilla
> Foundation release. This has been a major error on our part. These
> contributors have reason to be unhappy with us. We can only apologize,
> at the same time recognizing that apologies only go so far and can't
> fix the error."
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/seamonkey-transition.html
>
> They mention new features were added to 1.8, what ever they?

The one that leaps out is the implementation of the Global Inbox feature
inn Mail/News. For more, look here:

http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozi...EADME.html#new

Lee