Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.Net Help Appreciated

ASP.Net Help Appreciated

Yousri

Hi all,

I am new to Visual studio.Net. I have been learning for the last month by
"self-Paced" through these books.

MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft .NET Core Requirements, Exams
70-305/70-315, 70-306/70-316, 70-310/70-320, and 70-300 .

The Problem I am having is, I follow the sample of the book in developing a
ASP.Net Web Application. It is a simple program that should display the
famous phrase " Hello word" when you click on the submit button.

However, when I run the program, the web page displayed in the browser fine.
Then when I click on the submit button I get:

http://localhost/ASP-Projects/Chapte.../WebForm1.aspx

The page cannot be displayed.

What could be the reason for that? Am I missing some thing in the config
file.

Thanks

Yousri

Kevin Spencer

Hard to say. The first thing you need to do is change your IE browser
configuration (Tools|Options|Advanced Tab), and uncheck "Show Friendly HTTP
error messages." Then you will be able to see what the error is. If you can
tell us that, we can help you diagnose the problem.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Everybody picks their nose,
But some people are better at hiding it.

"Yousri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to Visual studio.Net. I have been learning for the last month by
> "self-Paced" through these books.
>
> MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft .NET Core Requirements, Exams
> 70-305/70-315, 70-306/70-316, 70-310/70-320, and 70-300 .
>

> The Problem I am having is, I follow the sample of the book in developing
> a ASP.Net Web Application. It is a simple program that should display the
> famous phrase " Hello word" when you click on the submit button.
>
> However, when I run the program, the web page displayed in the browser
> fine. Then when I click on the submit button I get:
>
> http://localhost/ASP-Projects/Chapte.../WebForm1.aspx
>
> The page cannot be displayed.
>

> What could be the reason for that? Am I missing some thing in the config
> file.
>

> Thanks
>

> Yousri

Yousri

Hi Kevin,
Thank you very much for your help.

I tried what you have suggested, but did not do anything. The error still
there

Yousri

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hard to say. The first thing you need to do is change your IE browser
> configuration (Tools|Options|Advanced Tab), and uncheck "Show Friendly
> HTTP error messages." Then you will be able to see what the error is. If
> you can tell us that, we can help you diagnose the problem.
>
> --
> HTH,
>
> Kevin Spencer
> Microsoft MVP
> .Net Developer
> Everybody picks their nose,
> But some people are better at hiding it.
>
> "Yousri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am new to Visual studio.Net. I have been learning for the last month by
>> "self-Paced" through these books.
>>
>> MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft .NET Core Requirements,
>> Exams 70-305/70-315, 70-306/70-316, 70-310/70-320, and 70-300 .
>>

>> The Problem I am having is, I follow the sample of the book in developing
>> a ASP.Net Web Application. It is a simple program that should display the
>> famous phrase " Hello word" when you click on the submit button.
>>
>> However, when I run the program, the web page displayed in the browser
>> fine. Then when I click on the submit button I get:
>>
>> http://localhost/ASP-Projects/Chapte.../WebForm1.aspx
>>
>> The page cannot be displayed.
>>

>> What could be the reason for that? Am I missing some thing in the config
>> file.
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> Yousri

Kevin Spencer

What IS the error (exact text, please)?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Everybody picks their nose,
But some people are better at hiding it.

"Yousri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Kevin,
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> I tried what you have suggested, but did not do anything. The error still
> there
>

> Yousri

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hard to say. The first thing you need to do is change your IE browser
>> configuration (Tools|Options|Advanced Tab), and uncheck "Show Friendly
>> HTTP error messages." Then you will be able to see what the error is. If
>> you can tell us that, we can help you diagnose the problem.
>>
>> --
>> HTH,
>>
>> Kevin Spencer
>> Microsoft MVP
>> .Net Developer
>> Everybody picks their nose,
>> But some people are better at hiding it.
>>
>> "Yousri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am new to Visual studio.Net. I have been learning for the last month
>>> by "self-Paced" through these books.
>>>
>>> MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft .NET Core Requirements,
>>> Exams 70-305/70-315, 70-306/70-316, 70-310/70-320, and 70-300 .
>>>

>>> The Problem I am having is, I follow the sample of the book in
>>> developing a ASP.Net Web Application. It is a simple program that should
>>> display the famous phrase " Hello word" when you click on the submit
>>> button.
>>>
>>> However, when I run the program, the web page displayed in the browser
>>> fine. Then when I click on the submit button I get:
>>>
>>> http://localhost/ASP-Projects/Chapte.../WebForm1.aspx
>>>
>>> The page cannot be displayed.
>>>

>>> What could be the reason for that? Am I missing some thing in the config
>>> file.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> Yousri

Yousri

Hi Kevin,
I have a form with Reset and Submit Button with Text box only.
When I run the application the page is displayed fine.
The submit button has this code:
Response.Write("Hello Web!<br>")

And when I click on the submit button I get this

This is the URL

http://localhost/ASP-Projects/Chapte.../WebForm1.aspx

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because the page
address is incorrect.

Please try the following:

a.. If you typed the page address in the Address bar, check that it
is entered correctly.

b.. Open the localhost home page and then look for links to the
information you want.
HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed
Internet Information Services

a.. More information:
Microsoft Support

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What IS the error (exact text, please)?
>
> --
> HTH,
>
> Kevin Spencer
> Microsoft MVP
> .Net Developer
> Everybody picks their nose,
> But some people are better at hiding it.
>
> "Yousri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi Kevin,
>> Thank you very much for your help.
>>
>> I tried what you have suggested, but did not do anything. The error still
>> there
>>

>> Yousri
>>

>> "Kevin Spencer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hard to say. The first thing you need to do is change your IE browser
>>> configuration (Tools|Options|Advanced Tab), and uncheck "Show Friendly
>>> HTTP error messages." Then you will be able to see what the error is. If
>>> you can tell us that, we can help you diagnose the problem.
>>>
>>> --
>>> HTH,
>>>
>>> Kevin Spencer
>>> Microsoft MVP
>>> .Net Developer
>>> Everybody picks their nose,
>>> But some people are better at hiding it.
>>>
>>> "Yousri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Kevin Spencer

405 means "Method not allowed." In this case, it would be the POST method of
a form. Check your web server configuration.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Everybody picks their nose,
But some people are better at hiding it.

"Yousri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Kevin,
> I have a form with Reset and Submit Button with Text box only.
> When I run the application the page is displayed fine.
> The submit button has this code:
> Response.Write("Hello Web!<br>")
>
> And when I click on the submit button I get this
>
> This is the URL
>
> http://localhost/ASP-Projects/Chapte.../WebForm1.aspx
>
> The page cannot be displayed
> The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because the page
> address is incorrect.

> Please try the following:
>
> a.. If you typed the page address in the Address bar, check that it
> is entered correctly.
>
> b.. Open the localhost home page and then look for links to the
> information you want.
> HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed
> Internet Information Services

> Technical Information (for support personnel)
>
> a.. More information:
> Microsoft Support

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What IS the error (exact text, please)?
>>
>> --
>> HTH,
>>
>> Kevin Spencer
>> Microsoft MVP
>> .Net Developer
>> Everybody picks their nose,
>> But some people are better at hiding it.
>>
>> "Yousri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi Kevin,
>>> Thank you very much for your help.
>>>
>>> I tried what you have suggested, but did not do anything. The error
>>> still there
>>>

>>> Yousri
>>>

>>> "Kevin Spencer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Yousri

Hi Kevin,
I check the server config and still is not working.
But thank you very much for your help anyway.

Yousri
..

news:(E-Mail Removed)...