Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Download Problem

Download Problem

Michael Rekas

Hi there

When I double click on most file types, I have the option to save the
file to my default folder selected in download options.

However certain file types notably .wmv open a new window where
nothing seems to happen.

How do I change this?

Thanks

Michael

mike555

==== when you click on a .wmv file it probably tries to open Windows
Media Player ......... if you go into firefox tools,options,downloads
tab, you might be able to change it.... if .wmv isn't listed there
you might need to get an ext.
for firefox called "launchy" , it should let you rt. click on the .wmv
file and use a certain program to view it , or just download the file
and then open it in whichever program that you have that will play it
(I use Media Player Classic)===

Michael Rekas

Hi Mike

Tried Launchy problem still the same! Thanks for trying. It seems I
must revert to IE to download such files.

Regards

Michael