Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Upload a file without file Upload control - ASP.Net

=?Utf-8?B?U2FyYXY=?=

Hi All,

I need to upload an XML file via an client side ActiveX control. I
searched the web but everywhere got the samples of using file control alone.
How can I upload a file into my web server without using the <input type
="file" ....> control.

I need the same for Download also. Without displaying the Save as
dialog box. Why I am asking this is I am going to handle this with my Client
side ActiveX control.

If anybody does knows this, please help me. Thanks is advance.

Kevin Spencer

Well, first you're going to need to either find or write an ActiveX control
that does what you want it to. Then you need to bone up on using ActiveX
Controls in HTML pages.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Everybody picks their nose,
But some people are better at hiding it.

"Sarav" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
>
> I need to upload an XML file via an client side ActiveX control. I
> searched the web but everywhere got the samples of using file control
> alone.
> How can I upload a file into my web server without using the <input type
> ="file" ....> control.
>
> I need the same for Download also. Without displaying the Save as
> dialog box. Why I am asking this is I am going to handle this with my
> Client
> side ActiveX control.
>
> If anybody does knows this, please help me. Thanks is advance.

=?Utf-8?B?U2FyYXY=?=

I know, it can only be done by using ActiveX control. But, I am lacking the
knowledge of how to upload/download a file without using default IE support.
If you know how to do this, please tell me.

"Kevin Spencer" wrote:

> Well, first you're going to need to either find or write an ActiveX control
> that does what you want it to. Then you need to bone up on using ActiveX
> Controls in HTML pages.
>
> --
> HTH,
>
> Kevin Spencer
> Microsoft MVP
> ..Net Developer
> Everybody picks their nose,
> But some people are better at hiding it.
>
> "Sarav" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I need to upload an XML file via an client side ActiveX control. I
> > searched the web but everywhere got the samples of using file control
> > alone.
> > How can I upload a file into my web server without using the <input type
> > ="file" ....> control.
> >
> > I need the same for Download also. Without displaying the Save as
> > dialog box. Why I am asking this is I am going to handle this with my
> > Client
> > side ActiveX control.
> >
> > If anybody does knows this, please help me. Thanks is advance.

Bruce Barker

generally that would all be builtin to the control (ui/upload/download). you
just need to find/buy the control, and convince your users to install it.
the control will come with instructions for the html markup to host it.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)