Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Can I get the (fake) URL after rewriting it?

Can I get the (fake) URL after rewriting it?

Alan Silver

Hello,

If I use URL rewriting, so the user types in an URL like...

http://www.domain.com/user_fred.aspx

and this is quietly converted to...

http://www.domain.com/users.aspx?user=fred

then from the users.aspx page, can I find out what the original URL was?

TIA

--
Alan Silver

Scott Allen

Hi Alan:

Request.RawUrl should give you the original.

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 15:12:09 +0100, Alan Silver
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>If I use URL rewriting, so the user types in an URL like...
>
>http://www.domain.com/user_fred.aspx
>
>and this is quietly converted to...
>
>http://www.domain.com/users.aspx?user=fred
>
>then from the users.aspx page, can I find out what the original URL was?
>
>TIA

Alan Silver

>Hi Alan:
>
>Request.RawUrl should give you the original.

Thanks

The framework is great, I just wish there was some easy way to find your
way around it!! I reckon you need to start learning it in your crib to
be able to get to know it well.

--
Alan Silver