Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.Net -- Create non-application subfolder

ASP.Net -- Create non-application subfolder

Jeff

Is there a way to add an asp.net non-application subfolder through
visual studio .net 2003? In the solution manager, I'm able to right
click on the asp.net project and add a new folder, but it creates an
application folder by default. I can change this through IIS, but this
causes problems the next time I attempt to open the solution -- visual
studio .net complains about not being able to read the contents of the
folder.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Brock Allen

When you say application folder, you mean in IIS, right? VS.NET, as far as
I can remember, will simply let you create a plain folder and it doesn't
create one in IIS. In any event, you can 'uncreate' it in IIS. You can also
just create a folder on the file system.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> Is there a way to add an asp.net non-application subfolder through
> visual studio .net 2003? In the solution manager, I'm able to right
> click on the asp.net project and add a new folder, but it creates an
> application folder by default. I can change this through IIS, but
> this causes problems the next time I attempt to open the solution --
> visual studio .net complains about not being able to read the contents
> of the folder.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

FormsAuthentication.SignOut not working within subfolder Jeff Johnson ASP .Net 6 07-24-2009 05:54 AM
Subfolder for themes? Dan Firefox 1 10-16-2004 04:37 PM
Redirect to a temporary file in my app folder (or subfolder) Philippe Meunier ASP .Net 3 10-18-2003 03:28 AM
Re: Forms authentication for subfolder yields 404 joe ASP .Net 0 07-17-2003 02:00 AM
Usercontrol in webforms subfolder Lars Pedersen ASP .Net 2 07-06-2003 01:02 PM

Advertisments