Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Error accessing Temporary ASP.NET Files

Error accessing Temporary ASP.NET Files

Hans Kesting

ra294 wrote:
> When trying to run my ASP.Net application on a certain machine
> (Windows 2000 SP4, IIS5) I get this error.
> Any idea how to solve it ?

Did you try "granting access" as specified in the message? You didn't *say* you did.
Hans Kesting

> Access to the path
> "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Tempor ary ASP.NET
> Files\Hellofrontend_smartsms\f184277d\eee9a7f4" is denied.
> ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider
> granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request
> identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically
> {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used
> if the application is not impersonating. If the application is
> impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will
> be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the
> authenticated request user.
> To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in
> Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click
> "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET
> account, and check the boxes for the desired access.
>
> Thanks

ra294

[...]

(E-Mail Removed)

ra294

I tried adding the rights to ASP.NET account in Windows Explorer to this
folder but it didn't help.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...