Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > DataGrid is there a way to make a column as wide as the longest text?

DataGrid is there a way to make a column as wide as the longest text?

needin4mation@gmail.com

I can shorten and lengthen a grid column with the width property, but
can it be done real time without my having to do anything? I don't
want the columns as wide as they are, but sometimes they might have to
be because of the length of the text.

Thanks for any help.

Mythran

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I can shorten and lengthen a grid column with the width property, but
> can it be done real time without my having to do anything? I don't
> want the columns as wide as they are, but sometimes they might have to
> be because of the length of the text.
>
> Thanks for any help.

If you don't set a specified width of a column, it will grow up to the
maximum allowed width.

hth,
Mythran

needin4mation@gmail.com

Right, I want it to be only as long as the text requires.