Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Hashtable

Hashtable

=?Utf-8?B?dmluYXk=?=

How to sort an Hashtable?

--
http://pathidotnet.blogspot.com
=====

Mantorok

"vinay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How to sort an Hashtable?

You can't, however you might want to look at SortedList.

Kev

=?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24gTCBMaW5k?=

Maybe you should try out this cool thing called google sometime:
http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/hashlistarticle.asp (2nd result for
hashtable sort C#)

Jason Lind

"vinay" wrote:

> How to sort an Hashtable?
>
> --
> http://pathidotnet.blogspot.com
> =====
> vInAypAtHi
> o__
> ---_,>/'_------
> (_) \(_)
> ---------------

Tom.PesterDELETETHISSS@pandora.be

Due to the internal structure of a hastable its impossible to stort it.
A hasttable is optimized for fast retreivel and it does it in such a way
that order can't be maintained.

You have to mump the data in another datastructure to sort it. Like the other
person said use google for that, its a common question.

Cheers,
Tom Pester

> How to sort an Hashtable?

Re: hashtable or map? (map inserts not behaving as I expect - and I cant find a decent simple example for hashtable) Kai-Uwe Bux C++ 1 12-21-2008 09:25 PM
Problem with hashTable Guillermo Perl 1 03-04-2004 12:43 PM
Type Hashtable not defined diya ASP .Net 1 10-31-2003 06:59 PM
Get Hashtable Object Directly John E ASP .Net 1 10-08-2003 12:40 PM
vbc compilation fails when using Hashtable Jonathan Wolfson ASP .Net 1 06-27-2003 04:40 PM

Advertisments