Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Forcing links to open in tab instead of new window?

Forcing links to open in tab instead of new window?

fety

In firefox 1.0.1 in Options/Advanced/Tabbed Browsing I believe there
used to be a "force links opening in new window to open in tab instead"
but it seems to be missing? I may be off a bit on what it was actually
labeled but anyways was it moved to another location, renamed to
something else, or removed all together?

graeme@invalid

fety wrote:
> In firefox 1.0.1 in Options/Advanced/Tabbed Browsing I believe there
> used to be a "force links opening in new window to open in tab instead"
> but it seems to be missing? I may be off a bit on what it was actually
> labeled but anyways was it moved to another location, renamed to
> something else, or removed all together?

I am still running Ver1 and the option you mention is there at the top
of the page the option was open link in new page, new tab, existing tab.

--
So long and thanks for all the fish.

JediFans

fety wrote:
> In firefox 1.0.1 in Options/Advanced/Tabbed Browsing I believe there
> used to be a "force links opening in new window to open in tab instead"
> but it seems to be missing? I may be off a bit on what it was actually
> labeled but anyways was it moved to another location, renamed to
> something else, or removed all together?

if it isnt there, try typing about:config in address bar and hitting
enter then using the filter tool to search for "single" and you should
end up with this entry: browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs set it to
true... then it will in advanced options

fety

JediFans wrote:
> fety wrote:
>
>> In firefox 1.0.1 in Options/Advanced/Tabbed Browsing I believe there
>> used to be a "force links opening in new window to open in tab
>> instead" but it seems to be missing? I may be off a bit on what it
>> was actually labeled but anyways was it moved to another location,
>> renamed to something else, or removed all together?

> if it isnt there, try typing about:config in address bar and hitting
> enter then using the filter tool to search for "single" and you should
> end up with this entry: browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs set it to
> true... then it will in advanced options

Thank you that worked.

JediFans

fety wrote:
> JediFans wrote:
>
>> fety wrote:
>>
>>> In firefox 1.0.1 in Options/Advanced/Tabbed Browsing I believe there
>>> used to be a "force links opening in new window to open in tab
>>> instead" but it seems to be missing? I may be off a bit on what it
>>> was actually labeled but anyways was it moved to another location,
>>> renamed to something else, or removed all together?

>> if it isnt there, try typing about:config in address bar and hitting
>> enter then using the filter tool to search for "single" and you should
>> end up with this entry: browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs set it
>> to true... then it will in advanced options

> Thank you that worked.

yvw i dont understand why its not enabled to begin with lol

graeme@invalid

JediFans wrote:
> fety wrote:
>
>> In firefox 1.0.1 in Options/Advanced/Tabbed Browsing I believe there
>> used to be a "force links opening in new window to open in tab
>> instead" but it seems to be missing? I may be off a bit on what it
>> was actually labeled but anyways was it moved to another location,
>> renamed to something else, or removed all together?

> if it isnt there, try typing about:config in address bar and hitting
> enter then using the filter tool to search for "single" and you should
> end up with this entry: browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs set it to
> true... then it will in advanced options

There is a new version of Tabbed Browsing out and one of the changes is
that left clicking on a link automatically opens it in a new link. I
think it is Ver2.2.2

--

graeme@invalid wrote:

> There is a new version of Tabbed Browsing out and one of the changes is
> that left clicking on a link automatically opens it in a new link. I
> think it is Ver2.2.2

that would be a seperate addon then, not an intergrated thing for
mozilla/firefox

graeme@invalid

JediFans wrote:
> graeme@invalid wrote:
>
>> There is a new version of Tabbed Browsing out and one of the changes
>> is that left clicking on a link automatically opens it in a new link.
>> I think it is Ver2.2.2

> that would be a seperate addon then, not an intergrated thing for
> mozilla/firefox

yes of course
--
So long and thanks for all the fish.