Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > hide IE toolbars

hide IE toolbars

=?Utf-8?B?SmFtaWUgU2Nod2lubg==?=

I'm building a web app in asp.net and I'd like to have the IE window hide all
of it's toolbars and run with just the title bar showing when the user
browses to my internal intranet web app. I know this functionality is
possible because MS CRM is able to reconfigure the IE window when the user
browses to CRM. CRM has the following lines in web.config...

<snip>

<appSettings>
<!--
Launch in App Mode
Determines whether or not MSCRM should be loaded in an browser window that
does not have address, tool and menu bars. Turning this feature "On" makes
the application easier to use, as the User is presented with less options and
the Application itself (not IE) becomes the focus of their experience.
Recommended Setting: "On"
Values: "On" or "Off"
-->

<add key="AppMode" value="On"/>

</appSettings>

</snip>

Anyone know how to enable this functionality or how this works in CRM? Or
does CRM just close the window that opened it and relaunch another window
without toolbars?

Thanks...

--
Jamie Schwinn
Small Business Systems

Mark Fitzpatrick

You can only do this through JavaScript when linking to the app. The link
that goes to it launches the link through a JavaScript script that enables
the various properties of the browser to be set. You can't do it on the fly,
it has to be done by opening a new browser window through a link and cannot
be done after the fact. You can find lots of browser scripts at:
javascript.internet.com and www.dynamicdrive.com Just search either site for
popup browser or browser window.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick