Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > pop up prevention problem; for wanted pop ups

pop up prevention problem; for wanted pop ups

joe doe

am using latest firefox and mozilla in windows xp

though set pop up preventer to allow pop ups for select domains,
frustratingly there are windows where the pop up preventer blocks
opening of a new window, despite my 'allowing' the particular domain

when i remember to use 'control' when clicking on a link that i want
to open, it generally opens the window

but if i forget to depress the 'control' button in time, and hit the
link without it, the pop up preventer disallows the opening of the
desired window

it happens in both firefox and mozilla

looking for help how to overcome this problem

please cc any posting here to dejausenet at yahoo dot

tx
tom

Moz Champion

joe doe wrote:
> am using latest firefox and mozilla in windows xp
>
> though set pop up preventer to allow pop ups for select domains,
> frustratingly there are windows where the pop up preventer blocks
> opening of a new window, despite my 'allowing' the particular domain
>
> when i remember to use 'control' when clicking on a link that i want
> to open, it generally opens the window
>
> but if i forget to depress the 'control' button in time, and hit the
> link without it, the pop up preventer disallows the opening of the
> desired window
>
> it happens in both firefox and mozilla
>
> looking for help how to overcome this problem
>
> please cc any posting here to dejausenet at yahoo dot
>
> tx
> tom

The simpliest idea would be to turn off pop up blocker of course.
??Pop up blocker prevents opening of new window when clicking on a link?
Can you provide a page where you observe this behaviour?

..brian..

joe doe wrote:
> am using latest firefox and mozilla in windows xp
>
> though set pop up preventer to allow pop ups for select domains,
> frustratingly there are windows where the pop up preventer blocks
> opening of a new window, despite my 'allowing' the particular domain
>
> when i remember to use 'control' when clicking on a link that i want
> to open, it generally opens the window
>
> but if i forget to depress the 'control' button in time, and hit the
> link without it, the pop up preventer disallows the opening of the
> desired window
>
> it happens in both firefox and mozilla
>
> looking for help how to overcome this problem
>
> please cc any posting here to dejausenet at yahoo dot

Maybe the popup window is coming from a different domain than what you
have listed in options?

In Firefox, when a popup is getting blocked that you want to see,
simply click once on the little "blocked popup" icon down in the lower
right hand part of the status bar and select "Show http://...." which
will immediately display the blocked popup. If you want to see the
displayed popup in the future, then click the icon again and select
"Allow popups for."
--
Brian