Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > deploying proj w/Crystal Reports

deploying proj w/Crystal Reports

Tina

I have a webhoster that lets me ftp into my web site. I'm putting up an
aspx app that uses crystal reports. I've read all about how to make a
deployment project with all of the Crystal .msm files and such. But, this
makes a setup.exe. My webhoster is not going to run some setup.exe on his
server.

Is there any way of just putting the .msm files into the right place with
ftp?

Thanks,
Tina

Kan Coon

Yes just XCopy like you would any regular file but have you obtained a
license for using Crystal Reports? If you haven;t then you wont be able to
run them (CR reports) because as you say you can't run the .exe setup in
order to put the required entries into the servers' registry.

Richard

"Tina" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a webhoster that lets me ftp into my web site. I'm putting up an
> aspx app that uses crystal reports. I've read all about how to make a
> deployment project with all of the Crystal .msm files and such. But, this
> makes a setup.exe. My webhoster is not going to run some setup.exe on his
> server.
>
> Is there any way of just putting the .msm files into the right place with
> ftp?
>
> Thanks,
> Tina

Tina

so, it sounds like the only way to deploy is to deploy via a setup.exe.
right?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...