Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Simple: passing multiple variables into a datagrid hyperlinkcolumn?

Simple: passing multiple variables into a datagrid hyperlinkcolumn?

Roy

I'm assuming this is amazingly simple and I'm just missing the boat.

On the html side of an asp.net page I have a datagrid, a "search"
button, and 8 text boxes for search criteria. A user enters in varying
search criteria, hits "search", info is passed to a stored proc,
results return and displayed in the datagrid.

Every field in the datagrid is numeric (indicative of a certain sum or
total) data but also functions as a hyperlinkcolumn. So when joe bloe
clicks on the number "3" in column 7, another page will pop up with the
3 records associated with that record. Make sense? Basically it's a
reports page with drill-down functionality.

Problem: how can I pass all 8 of the search criteria along to the
drill-down page? I know how to send info in this fashion:

<asp:HyperLinkColumn DataTextField="adj" DataNavigateUrlField="voydoc"
datanavigateurlformatstring="adj.aspx?Id={0}"
Target="_blank" HeaderText="Adjusted Booking"
HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" ItemStyle-Font-Bold="true">

But this only grabs data from within the datagrid itself. I'll need to
pass info from the vb code-behind. I'm trying to avoid using session
variables if at all possible.

Anyone have any tips or links?

Thanks very much.

Roy

I guess there isn't a way to accomplish this.
It would appear I would have to use a templatecolumn and a hyperlink
within. Only problem there is I'd lose the functionality of displaying
actual data from a result set. Adding hyperlinkcolumn's on the fly in
the code-behind seems a non-workable option as the datagrid columns are
arranged according to overlord request and I can't seem to set where in
the datagrid column index I want added columns to appear.

Gah. Sometimes it's just not my day.

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet