Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Graphical interface for Dev newbie

Graphical interface for Dev newbie

Ben Laine-Toner

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help.

I am a non developing tester for a software house with an art
degree.....odd I know......and wanted to have a play with ASP.Net.

The new product that we are developing in ASP.net has been put together
by a developer with little or no artistic flair, and so would like to
be able to edit the visual appearance of the forms without having to
get my hands dirty with the HTML.

Is there a graphical plug in for ASP.NET that will allow me to make
changes to the layout, in a photoshop / illustrator kind of a way???

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Ben

Lucas Tam

"Ben Laine-Toner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> The new product that we are developing in ASP.net has been put together
> by a developer with little or no artistic flair, and so would like to
> be able to edit the visual appearance of the forms without having to
> get my hands dirty with the HTML.

> Is there a graphical plug in for ASP.NET that will allow me to make
> changes to the layout, in a photoshop / illustrator kind of a way???

You can use Dreamweaver or Frontpage... but if I were you, I would start
learning HTML + CSS... and eventually Javascript, DHTML, and Macromedia
Flash.

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Kevin Spencer

Your best bet would be to go with using CSS for style and layout. That way
you can do the style and layout completely separately from the HTML, in an
external CSS style sheet. There are several visual CSS editors out there.
Just google it.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
The sun never sets on
the Kingdom of Heaven

"Ben Laine-Toner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>

> I was wondering if anyone might be able to help.
>

> I am a non developing tester for a software house with an art
> degree.....odd I know......and wanted to have a play with ASP.Net.
>
> The new product that we are developing in ASP.net has been put together
> by a developer with little or no artistic flair, and so would like to
> be able to edit the visual appearance of the forms without having to
> get my hands dirty with the HTML.
>
> Is there a graphical plug in for ASP.NET that will allow me to make
> changes to the layout, in a photoshop / illustrator kind of a way???
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>

> Ben

Patrick.O.Ige

Try this:-