Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Cannot Run from LocalHost even a small .aspx file

Cannot Run from LocalHost even a small .aspx file

DMP

Hi,
I have installed .NetFramework
I write following Code in NotePad and save in
*******
<center>
<h2>Hello World!</h2>
</center>
***********

C:\InetPub\wwwroot\firstpage.aspx
But when i request from browser on http://localhost/firstpage/firstpage.aspx
why browser give "Page not found" message ?
What is wrong ?

Patrice

Should be just http://localhost/firstpage.aspx ?

Is http://localhost/firstpage/firstpage.aspx what you tried or a typo ?

--

Patrice

"DMP" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I have installed .NetFramework
> I write following Code in NotePad and save in
> *******
> <center>
> <h2>Hello World!</h2>
> </center>
> ***********
>
> C:\InetPub\wwwroot\firstpage.aspx
> But when i request from browser on

http://localhost/firstpage/firstpage.aspx
> why browser give "Page not found" message ?
> What is wrong ?

Juan T. Llibre

If your page is located at :

C:\InetPub\wwwroot\firstpage.aspx

Your request from browser should be :

http://localhost/firstpage.aspx

Click the above link and see if it displays.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
http://asp.net.do/foros/
Foros de ASP.NET en Español
Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
======================

"DMP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I have installed .NetFramework
> I write following Code in NotePad and save in
> *******
> <center>
> <h2>Hello World!</h2>
> </center>
> ***********
>
> C:\InetPub\wwwroot\firstpage.aspx
> But when i request from browser on http://localhost/firstpage/firstpage.aspx
> why browser give "Page not found" message ?
> What is wrong ?

DMP

Hi patrice,
Thanks for rapid response,
Sorry, I saved in C:\InetPub\wwwroot\firstpage\firstpage.aspx.
so when i click on http://localhost/firstpage/firstpage.aspx it will show
the code
insted of output page Like this:
- <html>
- <body bgcolor="yellow">
- <center>
<h2>Hello World! Test world</h2>
</center>

"DMP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I have installed .NetFramework
> I write following Code in NotePad and save in
> *******
> <center>
> <h2>Hello World!</h2>
> </center>
> ***********
>
> C:\InetPub\wwwroot\firstpage.aspx
> But when i request from browser on
> http://localhost/firstpage/firstpage.aspx
> why browser give "Page not found" message ?
> What is wrong ?

Juan T. Llibre

If that is happening ( the page shows the code ),
and you did install the .Net Framework, then
the .Net Framework is not properly registered.

Assuming you installed the .Net Framework 1.1, go to
drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322

and from the command-line, run

aspnet_regiis -i

That will re-register ASP.NET.
Test the page again after you do that.

If you installed any other version of the .Net Framework,
go to the appropiate version's directory and run the same command.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
http://asp.net.do/foros/
Foros de ASP.NET en Español
Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
======================

"DMP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ol$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi patrice,
> Thanks for rapid response,
> Sorry, I saved in C:\InetPub\wwwroot\firstpage\firstpage.aspx.
> so when i click on http://localhost/firstpage/firstpage.aspx it will show the code
> insted of output page Like this:
> - <html>
> - <body bgcolor="yellow">
> - <center>
> <h2>Hello World! Test world</h2>
> </center>
>

> "DMP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>> I have installed .NetFramework
>> I write following Code in NotePad and save in
>> *******
>> <center>
>> <h2>Hello World!</h2>
>> </center>
>> ***********
>>
>> C:\InetPub\wwwroot\firstpage.aspx
>> But when i request from browser on http://localhost/firstpage/firstpage.aspx
>> why browser give "Page not found" message ?
>> What is wrong ?

Patrice

I'm a bit confused now...

Do you see a "page not found error" (as you said in your first message) or
do you see the "code" instead of "HTML code" (which "code" are you talking
about ??).

In the IIS application configuration, check that ASPX files are associated
with the appropriate aspnet_isapi.dll... If this is not the case see the doc
for the aspnet_regiis utility.

--

Patrice

"DMP" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:Ol$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi patrice,
> Thanks for rapid response,
> Sorry, I saved in C:\InetPub\wwwroot\firstpage\firstpage.aspx.
> so when i click on http://localhost/firstpage/firstpage.aspx it will show
> the code
> insted of output page Like this:
> - <html>
> - <body bgcolor="yellow">
> - <center>
> <h2>Hello World! Test world</h2>
> </center>
>

> "DMP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> > I have installed .NetFramework
> > I write following Code in NotePad and save in
> > *******
> > <center>
> > <h2>Hello World!</h2>
> > </center>
> >
> > C:\InetPub\wwwroot\firstpage.aspx
> > But when i request from browser on
> > http://localhost/firstpage/firstpage.aspx
> > why browser give "Page not found" message ?
> > What is wrong ?

DMP

Thanks everybody,
Solve my problem