Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Search Engines

Search Engines

Michael O'Keefe

Mozilla Firefox 1.0

How do I remove search engines from the search
box located on the right end of the tool bar.

Thanks in advance. -- Mike

Leonidas Jones

Michael O'Keefe wrote:
> Mozilla Firefox 1.0
>
> How do I remove search engines from the search
> box located on the right end of the tool bar.
>
> Thanks in advance. -- Mike

Go to your program folder, and look for a folder named searchplugins.

In this folder, locate the files for the search engines you wish to remove.

For example, if you wish to remove Google, delete google.src, and
google.gif.

Lee