Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > real-life support for macs?

real-life support for macs?

Paul W

So what do real people do by way of supporting mac browsers?! This seems an
absolute nightmare, all for 2-3% of users. Any real-life experiences or
suggestions appreciated.

At this stage I'm kinda contemplating detecting a mac-browser and
redirecting them to a page that says "Go find a friend with a PC, and use
it..."

Paul.

Juan T. Llibre

That's about the most practical thing to do.

Seriously, as explained in my last post, boning up
on XHTML and CSS should be a winning strategy, too.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
http://asp.net.do/foros/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol
Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
======================

"Paul W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:u$(E-Mail Removed)...
> So what do real people do by way of supporting mac browsers?! This seems an absolute
> nightmare, all for 2-3% of users. Any real-life experiences or suggestions appreciated.
>
> At this stage I'm kinda contemplating detecting a mac-browser and redirecting them to a
> page that says "Go find a friend with a PC, and use it..."
>
> Paul.

Robbe Morris [C# MVP]

IE for MAC isn't too bad. I only had a small problem
a year ago because it didn't support the .push() method
in a JavaScript array. Other than that, it worked ok for me
as long as I made my stuff work well on PC netscape/mozilla.

--
2004 and 2005 Microsoft MVP C#
Robbe Morris

Earn $$$ money answering .NET Framework
messageboard posts at EggHeadCafe.com.
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/forums/merit.asp

"Paul W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u$(E-Mail Removed)...
> So what do real people do by way of supporting mac browsers?! This seems
> an absolute nightmare, all for 2-3% of users. Any real-life experiences or
> suggestions appreciated.
>
> At this stage I'm kinda contemplating detecting a mac-browser and
> redirecting them to a page that says "Go find a friend with a PC, and use
> it..."
>
> Paul.

Mark Rae

"Paul W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u$(E-Mail Removed)...

> So what do real people do by way of supporting mac browsers?! This seems
> an absolute nightmare, all for 2-3% of users. Any real-life experiences or
> suggestions appreciated.
>
> At this stage I'm kinda contemplating detecting a mac-browser and
> redirecting them to a page that says "Go find a friend with a PC, and use
> it..."

Generally speaking, and I know it sounds harsh, but Mac users will be
totally used to sites not working properly, so I tend not to bother even
testing on them.

I have contemplated buying a Mac Mini because it will fit right into my
existing KVM setup, but I haven't done so as yet.

Incidentally, does anyone have a feel for how representative the data on the
following page is? http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

I tend to refer to it quite a bit, but would be interested to know of any
other similar sites...

Juan T. Llibre

http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2005/June/browser.php

http://www.upsdell.com/browsernews/stat_trends.htm