Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Submit Data from ASP.Net Page to ASP Page

Submit Data from ASP.Net Page to ASP Page

Kamal Ahmed

May we submit data from ASP.Net Page to ASP Page ??. Means I have some
Textboxes and I want to send Text within texboxes into targer ASP Page...

TIA

Kamal Ahmed

Fiaz Ali Saleemi

Hi Kamal

Data can be submitted from ASP.NET Page to ASP Page or any other page for ex
(jsp, php, cfm etc). You just need to make sure that action attribute of
form is proper and contains the url of desired page.

Regards
Fiaz Ali Saleemi

=?Utf-8?B?RWx0b24gVw==?=

Hi there,

If it's .NET 1.x, I don't think you can simply set action attribute in form
tag, unless you use non-.NET form. In .NET form, even you set action
attribute in form tag, it still request the page itself, rather than action
page.

In order to use 'POST' method to request other page, you should use
client-side JavaScript code. Following code snippet shows how to use a button
to submit the form to www.asp.net:

In Page_Load event:

myButton.Attributes.Add("Onclick",
"document.Form1.action='http://www.asp.net'; document.Form1.submit();") ;

HTH

Elton Wang

"Fiaz Ali Saleemi" wrote:

> Hi Kamal
>
> Data can be submitted from ASP.NET Page to ASP Page or any other page for ex
> (jsp, php, cfm etc). You just need to make sure that action attribute of
> form is proper and contains the url of desired page.
>
> Regards
> Fiaz Ali Saleemi

Kevin Spencer

Hi Kamal,

A WebForm always submits to itself. However, it doesn'thave to be the ONLY
form on a page. So, yes, you can submit data in a form from one ASP.Net page
to another.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer