Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Accessing a remote file over the network

Accessing a remote file over the network

Gopi

Hi all,
I need to find the size of a file which is located on a remote unix box.I
have been given Samba mount acces for the shared folder through which i can
access the file. I am using Fileinfo object to find the attributes of the
file.When i use the Fileinfo object from a console application everything
seems to be working fine,but when i use it from a web application it throws
"FILE NOT FOUND" exception. Does anybody have any clue what's going wrong
here?

Thanks in advance
Gopalkrishna

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBCYWx0aWM=?=

The folder needs to have web access permissons.
--
Staff Consultant II
Enterprise Web Services

Future Business Model
Loan Origination Services
National City Mortgage

"Gopi" wrote:

> Hi all,
> I need to find the size of a file which is located on a remote unix box.I
> have been given Samba mount acces for the shared folder through which i can
> access the file. I am using Fileinfo object to find the attributes of the
> file.When i use the Fileinfo object from a console application everything
> seems to be working fine,but when i use it from a web application it throws
> "FILE NOT FOUND" exception. Does anybody have any clue what's going wrong
> here?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Gopalkrishna

Shawn

The web app runs by default under the ASPNET account, but a win app runs
under the current logged on user's account. The ASPNET account doesn't have
rights to access the file, thats why you get the FILE NOT FOUND error. You
have to impersonate another user to get to the file. Check out this link:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...classtopic.asp

Shawn

news:(E-Mail Removed)...