Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > with out using system.management

with out using system.management

Yoshitha

Hi

to get the cpu id i'm using the system.management class.
is it possible to get the cpuid with out using system.management ? if
poosible can anybody tell me how to get.

thanx in advance
Yoshitha

Scott Allen

You'd have to PInvoke unmanaged code that calls the CPUID instruction.

You might also find some info with the registry API underneath:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\Cen tralProcessor

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 11:08:09 +0530, "Yoshitha"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>
>to get the cpu id i'm using the system.management class.
>is it possible to get the cpuid with out using system.management ? if
>poosible can anybody tell me how to get.
>
>thanx in advance
>Yoshitha

=?Utf-8?B?WmFjaG92aWNo?=

could sombody please maybe supply an example of this?

probably an api declaration and an example of its usage....

thanks
Zacho

"Scott Allen" wrote:

> You'd have to PInvoke unmanaged code that calls the CPUID instruction.
>
> You might also find some info with the registry API underneath:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\Cen tralProcessor
>
> --
> Scott
> http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/
>
> On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 11:08:09 +0530, "Yoshitha"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >to get the cpu id i'm using the system.management class.
> >is it possible to get the cpuid with out using system.management ? if
> >poosible can anybody tell me how to get.
> >
> >thanx in advance
> >Yoshitha

=?Utf-8?B?WmFjaG92aWNo?=

I don't have a very deep unerstanding on how to use the system.management
namespace. I tried doing what you did albeit without success.

could you supply an example code snippet?

thanks very much!
Zacho