Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Session Values are lost

Session Values are lost

LiliA

Hello everyone,

I have a problem I have no idea why it happens.
I have an ASP.NET application that has around 7 forms.
To move from one form to another I use "redirect".
I also use around 12 Session items that I fill with different values
like for ex.: Session.item("EmployeeName")="LILIA"
98% of the time everything is OK.
However once "in a blue moon" I find that the value in
Session.item("EmployeeName") is lost.
I am sure is not an expiration time since this happens after only a
couple of minutes.
Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liliana

Tom.PesterDELETETHISSS@pandora.be

If you are convinced that it isn't the timout its almost for sure that the
application gets restarted for some reason.
Causes are editing wec.config,gloval.asax,...

Cheers,
Tom Pester

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a problem I have no idea why it happens.
> I have an ASP.NET application that has around 7 forms.
> To move from one form to another I use "redirect".
> I also use around 12 Session items that I fill with different values
> like for ex.: Session.item("EmployeeName")="LILIA"
> 98% of the time everything is OK.
> However once "in a blue moon" I find that the value in
> Session.item("EmployeeName") is lost.
> I am sure is not an expiration time since this happens after only a
> couple of minutes.
> Any help will be very much appreciated.
> Thanks,
>
> Liliana

=?Utf-8?B?bWFyc2hhbA==?=

You must be sure follow issues:
1.Would you modify your application's bin directory.
2.May be your aspnet_wp.exe(in window2000 or xp) was recycled.
--
Help you,Help me.