Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.net validation controls don't are not validated(fired) on the client side.

ASP.net validation controls don't are not validated(fired) on the client side.

mallik

Seems like we have a strange problem.

Development environment is win 2000 prof, IIS5.0,
QA environment is Windows 2003 server, IIS 6.0.

Everything works as expected on Dev. machine, but when deployed on to the QA server...
The Asp.Net validation controls are not fired/validated on the client side(browser). They're validated only on the serverside (when posted back).

Is there any known issue with IIS5.0 and IIS6.0 environments?
Is there any behavioral difference for .NetFramework 1.1 on windows 2000 and Windows 2003 ?

Seems like few other people had this issue, but I couldn't get any resoultion here.
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1272113.php

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1269345.php

Any pointers/help is greatly appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBCYWx0aWM=?=

Did you copy over the aspnet_client folder with all of the client side
scripts? You will need to put it into your web servers inetpub/wwwroot
directory.

--
Staff Consultant II
Enterprise Web Services

Future Business Model
Loan Origination Services
National City Mortgage

"mallik" wrote:

> Seems like we have a strange problem.
>
> Development environment is win 2000 prof, IIS5.0,
> QA environment is Windows 2003 server, IIS 6.0.
>
> Everything works as expected on Dev. machine, but when deployed on to the QA server...
> The Asp.Net validation controls are not fired/validated on the client side(browser). They're validated only on the serverside (when posted back).
>
> Is there any known issue with IIS5.0 and IIS6.0 environments?
> Is there any behavioral difference for .NetFramework 1.1 on windows 2000 and Windows 2003 ?
>
> Seems like few other people had this issue, but I couldn't get any resoultion here.
> http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1272113.php
>
> http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1269345.php
>
> Any pointers/help is greatly appreciated

mallik

Yes, The folder structure "/aspnet_client/*" and files are already present on the QA server. So I didn't need to copy them.

"Michael Baltic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Did you copy over the aspnet_client folder with all of the client side
> scripts? You will need to put it into your web servers inetpub/wwwroot
> directory.
>
> --
> Staff Consultant II
> Enterprise Web Services
> Cardinal Solutions Group
>
> Future Business Model
> Loan Origination Services
> National City Mortgage
>

> "mallik" wrote:
>

> > Seems like we have a strange problem.
> >
> > Development environment is win 2000 prof, IIS5.0,
> > QA environment is Windows 2003 server, IIS 6.0.
> >
> > Everything works as expected on Dev. machine, but when deployed on to the QA server...
> > The Asp.Net validation controls are not fired/validated on the client side(browser). They're validated only on the serverside (when posted back).
> >
> > Is there any known issue with IIS5.0 and IIS6.0 environments?
> > Is there any behavioral difference for .NetFramework 1.1 on windows 2000 and Windows 2003 ?
> >
> > Seems like few other people had this issue, but I couldn't get any resoultion here.
> > http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1272113.php
> >
> > http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1269345.php
> >
> > Any pointers/help is greatly appreciated

=?Utf-8?B?bG9uZG9uIGNhbGxpbmc=?=

Hi Malik, I think what Micheal is getting at is, if your application is not
the default website in iis you either need to copy the aspnet_client folder
to the root of your application or set up a virtual directory in your
application that points to the aspnet_client folder. HTH jd