Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Required field validator not working

Required field validator not working

SteFetS

Here is my bug

On my Webform I have

1 Panel with a textbox in it
1 Required field (outside the panel) for the textbox
1 Button (outside the panel)

The panel is set to VISIBLE=FALSE

If I click the button, the Required field validator is not working before
the post... It works when the page reload !!!

If the Panel is visible, all work fine )

Why ?

Stef

Marina

That is because if the panel is visible, no HTML is rendered for either the
panel or anything in it. So that means there is no textbox - so nothing to
validate.

You can check the HTML to see exactly what is streamed to the browser to see
this. In fact, this is a good idea when these types of issues come up.

news:Xns968B8FD296C19NOSPAMgagnonshotmail@207.35.1 77.135...