Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Hi I am new to asp i can not get it to work on xp pro sp2 even though the localhost work but asp pages dont so can some one help

Hi I am new to asp i can not get it to work on xp pro sp2 even though the localhost work but asp pages dont so can some one help

craig dicker

Curt_C [MVP]

What's the error?

--
Curt Christianson
site: http://www.darkfalz.com

craig dicker

Server Application Error
The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the
processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail
information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance.

"Curt_C [MVP]" <software_at_darkfalz.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What's the error?
>
> --
> Curt Christianson
> site: http://www.darkfalz.com
> blog: http://blog.darkfalz.com

Curt_C [MVP]

craig dicker wrote:
> Server Application Error
> The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the
> processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail
> information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance.
>
> "Curt_C [MVP]" <software_at_darkfalz.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>What's the error?
>>
>>--
>>Curt Christianson
>>site: http://www.darkfalz.com
>>blog: http://blog.darkfalz.com

Turn off friendly error messages and check the event log, whats in there?

--
Curt Christianson
site: http://www.darkfalz.com

craig dicker

where is the log held can you show me where

"Curt_C [MVP]" <software_at_darkfalz.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> craig dicker wrote:
>> Server Application Error
>> The server has encountered an error while loading an application during
>> the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more
>> detail information. Please contact the server administrator for
>> assistance.
>>
>> "Curt_C [MVP]" <software_at_darkfalz.com> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>What's the error?
>>>
>>>--
>>>Curt Christianson
>>>site: http://www.darkfalz.com
>>>blog: http://blog.darkfalz.com

> Turn off friendly error messages and check the event log, whats in there?
>
> --
> Curt Christianson
> site: http://www.darkfalz.com
> blog: http://blog.darkfalz.com

Juan T. Llibre

Do you mean asp or asp.net ?

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
http://asp.net.do/foros/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol
Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
======================

"craig dicker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Curt_C [MVP]

craig dicker wrote:
> where is the log held can you show me where
>
> "Curt_C [MVP]" <software_at_darkfalz.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>craig dicker wrote:
>>
>>>Server Application Error
>>>The server has encountered an error while loading an application during
>>>the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more
>>>detail information. Please contact the server administrator for
>>>assistance.
>>>
>>>"Curt_C [MVP]" <software_at_darkfalz.com> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>Turn off friendly error messages and check the event log, whats in there?
>>
>>--
>>Curt Christianson
>>site: http://www.darkfalz.com
>>blog: http://blog.darkfalz.com

The EVENT LOG, its part of Windows... go to your control panel.

--
Curt Christianson
site: http://www.darkfalz.com

craig dicker

I can not get either to work
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do you mean asp or asp.net ?
>

> Juan T. Llibre
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://asp.net.do/foros/
> Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol
> Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
> ======================
>
> "craig dicker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Juan T. Llibre

What error message are you getting ?
And...is it the same error message for both ?

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
http://asp.net.do/foros/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol
Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
======================

"craig dicker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I can not get either to work
> "Juan T. Llibre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Do you mean asp or asp.net ?
>>

>> Juan T. Llibre
>> ASP.NET MVP
>> http://asp.net.do/foros/
>> Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol
>> Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
>> ======================
>>
>> "craig dicker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Juan T. Llibre

If that's the error you're getting,
I'd uninstall and reinstall IIS 5.1.

You're missing a class registration, and sleuthing that will
probably be a lot more complicated than a simple uninstall/reinstall.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
http://asp.net.do/foros/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol