Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > sporadic db connection error

sporadic db connection error

=?Utf-8?B?c2FtZWVy?=

Hi All,

i have an asp.net application which has got sql server 2000 behind the
scenes.
Very simple application, all it does is extract the data from the databse
and display it in the grid. But randomly when i access my website in
productin ,i get this error mentioned below but when it hit on refresh the
website comesup. My website is hosted with godady and they told me that they
jsut can not replciate the error on there side and which they are right, as
it is really sporadic. Does any body have any idea out there as to what might
he happening here. Seems it is happening when my object PRODUCTDB call the
method GetMostPopularProductsOfWeek() which has an executereader menthod
which get the data from the database. Any suggestion is more than welcome.

thanks

================================================== ========================================

Server Error in '/' Application

General network error. Check your network documentation.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: General network
error. Check your network documentation.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: General network error. Check your network documentation.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(Com mandBehavior
cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +742
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(Com mandBehavior behavior)
+45
IBuySpy.IBuySpy.ProductsDB.GetMostPopularProductsO fWeek()
IBuySpy.CDefault.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
Version:1.1.4322.2032

================================================== =========================================

Bruce Barker

its just a standard network error. you should catch and retry.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"sameer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi All,
>
> i have an asp.net application which has got sql server 2000 behind the
> scenes.
> Very simple application, all it does is extract the data from the databse
> and display it in the grid. But randomly when i access my website in
> productin ,i get this error mentioned below but when it hit on refresh the
> website comesup. My website is hosted with godady and they told me that
> they
> jsut can not replciate the error on there side and which they are right,
> as
> it is really sporadic. Does any body have any idea out there as to what
> might
> he happening here. Seems it is happening when my object PRODUCTDB call the
> method GetMostPopularProductsOfWeek() which has an executereader menthod
> which get the data from the database. Any suggestion is more than welcome.
>
> thanks
>

> ================================================== ========================================
>
> Server Error in '/' Application.
>
> General network error. Check your network documentation.
> about
>
> Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: General network
> error. Check your network documentation.
>
> Source Error:

> web
> request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception
> can
>
> Stack Trace:
>

> [SqlException: General network error. Check your network documentation.]
> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(Com mandBehavior
> cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +742
> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(Com mandBehavior behavior)
> +45
> IBuySpy.IBuySpy.ProductsDB.GetMostPopularProductsO fWeek()
> IBuySpy.CDefault.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

> Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032;
> ASP.NET
> Version:1.1.4322.2032
>
> ================================================== =========================================

=?Utf-8?B?c2FtZWVy?=

thanks Bruce, i will try that, but the question is why does it happen on the
first place.

"Bruce Barker" wrote:

> its just a standard network error. you should catch and retry.
>
> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
>

> "sameer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > i have an asp.net application which has got sql server 2000 behind the
> > scenes.
> > Very simple application, all it does is extract the data from the databse
> > and display it in the grid. But randomly when i access my website in
> > productin ,i get this error mentioned below but when it hit on refresh the
> > website comesup. My website is hosted with godady and they told me that
> > they
> > jsut can not replciate the error on there side and which they are right,
> > as
> > it is really sporadic. Does any body have any idea out there as to what
> > might
> > he happening here. Seems it is happening when my object PRODUCTDB call the
> > method GetMostPopularProductsOfWeek() which has an executereader menthod
> > which get the data from the database. Any suggestion is more than welcome.
> >
> > thanks
> >

> > ================================================== ========================================
> >
> > Server Error in '/' Application.
> >
> > General network error. Check your network documentation.
> > current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information
> > about
> > the error and where it originated in the code.
> >
> > Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: General network
> > error. Check your network documentation.
> >
> > Source Error:
> >
> > An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
> > web
> > request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception
> > can
> > be identified using the exception stack trace below.
> >
> > Stack Trace:
> >

> > [SqlException: General network error. Check your network documentation.]
> > System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(Com mandBehavior
> > cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +742
> > System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(Com mandBehavior behavior)
> > +45
> > IBuySpy.IBuySpy.ProductsDB.GetMostPopularProductsO fWeek()
> > IBuySpy.CDefault.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
> > System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
> > System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
> > System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

> > Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032;
> > ASP.NET
> > Version:1.1.4322.2032

Bruce Barker

networks are not always reliable. ask you isp why you are getting network
errors. what is your service level agreement? (a couple hundred a day may
be normal for them). they may be getting broadcast storms, or doing dynamic
reconfiguration.