Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Opening a new browser window to a specific size without the menu bar and address window.

Opening a new browser window to a specific size without the menu bar and address window.

UJ

How can I open a window, preferably through a hyperlink, that will open a
new window with no menu bar/address bar and is a specific size?

TIA - Jeffrey.

Curt_C [MVP]

UJ wrote:
> How can I open a window, preferably through a hyperlink, that will open a
> new window with no menu bar/address bar and is a specific size?
>
> TIA - Jeffrey.

Its clientside code...
Look at the window.open() call from javascript. It will allow you to do
what you requested.

--
Curt Christianson
site: http://www.darkfalz.com

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

theres a little example to help you along, just needs the extra options
adding

--
Regards

John Timney
ASP.NET MVP
Microsoft Regional Director

<head>
<script language="VB" runat="server">

Sub Page_Load( sender as Object,e as EventArgs)

'Form the script that is to be registered at client side.
Dim scriptString as String = "<script language=JavaScript> function
DoClick() {"
ScriptString +=
"window.open('http://www.mvps.org','MyWindow','width=500,height=500');} <"
scriptString += "/"
scriptString += "script>"

If(Not IsClientScriptBlockRegistered("clientScript"))
RegisterClientScriptBlock("clientScript", scriptString)
End If
End Sub
</script>
</head>
<form id="myForm" runat="server">

<INPUT id="launchButton" onclick="DoClick();" type="button"
value="Submit" name="myButton" runat="server">

</form>

news:(E-Mail Removed)...