Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Can't download Adblock

Can't download Adblock

Steve IA

I've tried 1/2 dozen times to download Adblock from
https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/
but nothing happens when I click the "Install Now" button.
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...5.2.039-fx.xpi

I'm running FF 1.0.
Any suggestions? Other links?

Thank you
Steve
41N

Bryan Harrison

Steve IA wrote:
> I've tried 1/2 dozen times to download Adblock from
> https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/
> but nothing happens when I click the "Install Now" button.

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...5.2.039-fx.xpi

If you right-click on the link above, then select "Save", it will save
the file to your machine. You can then open the extensions window if FF
and drag the file from you machine into the extensions window. It will
then install normally.
I don't know why a normal click on the link doesn't work. But it doesn't
work for me either.
HTH

--
Bryan

Reclaim Your Inbox!

Me

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:41:50 -0600, Steve IA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've tried 1/2 dozen times to download Adblock from
>https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/
>but nothing happens when I click the "Install Now" button.
>http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...5.2.039-fx.xpi
>
>I'm running FF 1.0.
>Any suggestions? Other links?
>
>Thank you
>Steve
>41N

I got it installed, it works great. I always save downloads of stuff
that I use, but can not remember the name of the download. I'd be
happy to email you the file if you can tell me the filename and post a
valid email address. Feel free to put some extra characters in your
addy.

Steve IA

Bryan Harrison wrote:

> Steve IA wrote:
> > I've tried 1/2 dozen times to download Adblock from
> > https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/
> > but nothing happens when I click the "Install Now" button.

> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...5.2.039-fx.xpi
>
> If you right-click on the link above, then select "Save", it will save
> the file to your machine. You can then open the extensions window if FF
> and drag the file from you machine into the extensions window. It will
> then install normally.
> I don't know why a normal click on the link doesn't work. But it doesn't
> work for me either.
> HTH
>
> --
> Bryan
>
> Reclaim Your Inbox!
> http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird

That did it. Thanks, Bryan.

Steve
41N

Comment on AdBlock Plus and AdBlock History Fan Firefox 3 10-30-2006 05:38 PM
Adblock Jerry Firefox 3 06-01-2005 01:03 PM
where are the Adblock filters stored? totojepast Firefox 1 05-03-2005 04:55 PM
Firefox and adblock Bats Firefox 6 07-04-2004 10:10 PM
adblock keyboard toggle - firebird 0.7 w Firefox 2 02-06-2004 09:00 AM

Advertisments