Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Little problem for listenig radio station FF 1.0

Little problem for listenig radio station FF 1.0

rondkopf

Hello all,

Almost daily I listen to a Mexican radio station since years, but after
the last removal of the "Real Player 10", some days ago, and installing
"Real alternative" I have got a little problem. Normally I browse with
FireFox 1.0 to www.monitor.com.mx and then press the button that says
"ESCUCHA MONITOR" that causes popping up the little window of the
"Download Manager" asking what to do with "fuente1.ram" where I choose to
open with mplayerc.exe (Media Player Classic) and done! Now I reach until
the "Download Manager" asking what to do but the "OK" button is disable.
Why is this happening? How can I solve it?

I have to add that I have no problem, and I never had, to get this radio
station playing, it is just the annoyance of the block "OK" button. I
have updated "Real Alternative" more than once and still no problems. It
is just with the last switch back from "Real Player 10" to "Real
Alternative". Getting another sites with Real or Quick media to play is
not a problem.

My work arrounds are:

-Using MSIE which invokes MPC whithout no problem.
-Directly from FF or MPC I open the following adress:
rtsp://148.243.231.101/broadcast/live-monitor.rm

Finally I should mention that I visited FF webforums and tried several
solutions suggested at the topic:
"Complete Embedded Quicktime/Real/Windows Media Player Guide for Windows
Users"
http://tinyurl.com/5hbry

TIA

From Milan

Mauricio

Me

On 16 Feb 2005 12:36:29 GMT, rondkopf
<nospamrondkopfschnecke@N_O_S_P_A_M_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>Almost daily I listen to a Mexican radio station since years, but after
>the last removal of the "Real Player 10", some days ago, and installing
>"Real alternative" I have got a little problem. Normally I browse with
>FireFox 1.0 to www.monitor.com.mx and then press the button that says
>"ESCUCHA MONITOR" that causes popping up the little window of the
>"Download Manager" asking what to do with "fuente1.ram" where I choose to
>open with mplayerc.exe (Media Player Classic) and done! Now I reach until
>the "Download Manager" asking what to do but the "OK" button is disable.
>Why is this happening? How can I solve it?
>
>I have to add that I have no problem, and I never had, to get this radio
>station playing, it is just the annoyance of the block "OK" button. I
>have updated "Real Alternative" more than once and still no problems. It
>is just with the last switch back from "Real Player 10" to "Real
>Alternative". Getting another sites with Real or Quick media to play is
>not a problem.
>
>My work arrounds are:
>
>-Using MSIE which invokes MPC whithout no problem.
>-Directly from FF or MPC I open the following adress:
> rtsp://148.243.231.101/broadcast/live-monitor.rm
>
>Finally I should mention that I visited FF webforums and tried several
>solutions suggested at the topic:
>"Complete Embedded Quicktime/Real/Windows Media Player Guide for Windows
>Users"
>http://tinyurl.com/5hbry
>
>TIA
>
>From Milan
>
>Mauricio

What is "real alternative"? Has someone come up with something to
replace Real Player? I'd be interested in that because I am often
needing Real Player, but I wont install that spyware infested piece of
junk.

rondkopf

> What is "real alternative"? Has someone come up with something to
> replace Real Player? I'd be interested in that because I am often
> needing Real Player, but I wont install that spyware infested piece of
> junk.

well....it is a quite popular replacement for RP, it gives to your system
the possibility to play Real media formats.

Just Google a little bit....

mauricio