Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Q: why am I getting this

Q: why am I getting this

=?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=

Hello,

I know the user I give in the connection string is the database admin, why
am I getting the following message?

Server Error in '/' Application
Access is denied.
serve this request. The server may not be configured for access to the
requested URL.

Error message 401.2.: You do not have permission to view this directory or
page using the credentials you supplied. Contact the Web server's
administrator for help
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET
Version:1.1.4322.2300

Thanks,

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?=

Jim,

Doesn't sound like a database connection string problem. Does your aspx
reside in a
folder that has 'basic' authentication on?

Are you getting prompted to login when you view .aspx file

Dave.

"JIM.H." wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I know the user I give in the connection string is the database admin, why
> am I getting the following message?
>
> Server Error in '/' Application.
> Access is denied.
> serve this request. The server may not be configured for access to the
> requested URL.
>
> Error message 401.2.: You do not have permission to view this directory or
> page using the credentials you supplied. Contact the Web server's
> administrator for help.
> Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET
> Version:1.1.4322.2300
>
> Thanks,

=?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=

Hi Dave,
Thank you very much for the reply.
In my development environment I have integrated windows selected and I am
getting prompted to login, I do not know why? When I deploy my application to
a DMZ machine, I get this access deny. How can I resolve this problem?