Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > newsgroup log in info

Reply
Thread Tools

newsgroup log in info

 
 
SightSeer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2005
I keep having to reenter my login info for newsgroups. I have it
checked for them to save the settings. However, every so often it
doesn't find the info and I have to reenter. This never happens for the
email accounts I have stored only newsgroup settings. Any ideas,
suggestions?

SS

--
"Nothing is more sacred than facts. Where we have reason, we don't need
faith."
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Leonidas Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2005
SightSeer wrote:
> I keep having to reenter my login info for newsgroups. I have it
> checked for them to save the settings. However, every so often it
> doesn't find the info and I have to reenter. This never happens for the
> email accounts I have stored only newsgroup settings. Any ideas,
> suggestions?
>
> SS
>


I haven't heard this one in quite a while, but then again, you are using
a pretty outdated version of TB.

It used to be, particularly if you had an account this many. many
groups, that Moz/TB would harass you for the user/pass, over and over
again, until you had tried every possible entry point for the account.

Once you did, it would finally stop. If it isn't asking you every time,
hang with it a couple of weeks, and see if it goes away.

Or upgrade to version 1.0, and see if that solves it.

Lee
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
SightSeer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2005
Leonidas Jones wrote:
> SightSeer wrote:
>
>> I keep having to reenter my login info for newsgroups. I have it
>> checked for them to save the settings. However, every so often it
>> doesn't find the info and I have to reenter. This never happens for
>> the email accounts I have stored only newsgroup settings. Any ideas,
>> suggestions?
>>
>> SS
>>

>
> I haven't heard this one in quite a while, but then again, you are using
> a pretty outdated version of TB.
>
> It used to be, particularly if you had an account this many. many
> groups, that Moz/TB would harass you for the user/pass, over and over
> again, until you had tried every possible entry point for the account.
>
> Once you did, it would finally stop. If it isn't asking you every time,
> hang with it a couple of weeks, and see if it goes away.
>
> Or upgrade to version 1.0, and see if that solves it.
>
> Lee

ok think i'll upgrade. Do I need to uninstall .8 before installing 1.0?
By the way thanks for the help.

SS

--
"Nothing is more sacred than facts. Where we have reason, we don't need
faith."
 
Reply With Quote
 
Leonidas Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-15-2005
SightSeer wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>> SightSeer wrote:
>>
>>> I keep having to reenter my login info for newsgroups. I have it
>>> checked for them to save the settings. However, every so often it
>>> doesn't find the info and I have to reenter. This never happens for
>>> the email accounts I have stored only newsgroup settings. Any ideas,
>>> suggestions?
>>>
>>> SS
>>>

>>
>> I haven't heard this one in quite a while, but then again, you are
>> using a pretty outdated version of TB.
>>
>> It used to be, particularly if you had an account this many. many
>> groups, that Moz/TB would harass you for the user/pass, over and over
>> again, until you had tried every possible entry point for the account.
>>
>> Once you did, it would finally stop. If it isn't asking you every
>> time, hang with it a couple of weeks, and see if it goes away.
>>
>> Or upgrade to version 1.0, and see if that solves it.
>>
>> Lee

>
> ok think i'll upgrade. Do I need to uninstall .8 before installing 1.0?
> By the way thanks for the help.
>
> SS
>


I recommend uninstalling using Add/Remove Programs first, then
installing the new version. The uninstallation will not touch your
profile data.

Lee
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbies Please Read: This is NOT a Windows Vista Newsgroup, it is however a Windows XP X64 Edition Newsgroup. Windows 64bit 16 06-27-2006 03:17 PM
My.Log.Writeexception not writing to Application Event Log. =?Utf-8?B?VG9tIFdpbmdlcnQ=?= ASP .Net 0 01-20-2006 06:41 PM
Log On Screen Changed. No More Auto-Log On. Jerry G. Computer Support 2 10-22-2004 09:58 AM
Urgent Pls: Facing problem in reading Log information from Log file, created by IIS Amratash ASP .Net 0 04-13-2004 09:08 AM
Need help on the Permissions needed to log to Event Log from ASP.NET? Henrik_the_boss ASP .Net 0 11-05-2003 10:14 AM



Advertisments