Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Game Won't Display

Game Won't Display

Stan Shelton

When I go to webcrosswords.com with my old computer running Win98 and
F-Secure AV, it shows and plays just fine. When I go to webcrosswords.com
with my new computer running winXP and Norton AV, the crossword puzzle
doesn't show. Does anyone know why? Thank you in advance.
ss

Alvaro G. Vicario

*** Stan Shelton escribió/wrote (Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:48:04 -0800):
> When I go to webcrosswords.com with my old computer running Win98 and
> F-Secure AV, it shows and plays just fine. When I go to webcrosswords.com
> with my new computer running winXP and Norton AV, the crossword puzzle
> doesn't show. Does anyone know why?

You need to install the Macromedia Flash plugin:

http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/...ShockwaveFlash

--
-+ Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
+- http://www.demogracia.com (la web de humor barnizada para la intemperie)

Stan Shelton

That was already installed, but I went to your supplied link and installed
it, and it still doesn't work. Any further ideas?
ss

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

*** Stan Shelton escribió/wrote (Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:40:10 -0800):
> That was already installed, but I went to your supplied link and installed
> it, and it still doesn't work. Any further ideas?

Do you have the installer version of Mozilla or just the zipped release?
What's the exact meaning of "doesn't work" in your case?

--
-+ Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
+- http://www.demogracia.com (la web de humor barnizada para la intemperie)
++ Manda tus dudas al grupo, no a mi buzón
-+ Send your questions to the group, not to my mailbox

Stan Shelton

Firefox came with my new computer and was ready to use, or seemed to be. By
saying it still "doesn't work", I mean, the crossword puzzle still doesn't
show and I still can't play the game.
ss

"Alvaro G. Vicario" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1fkbdlk8zoqqu$.14kwr0f33jbsu$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> *** Stan Shelton escribió/wrote (Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:40:10 -0800):
>> That was already installed, but I went to your supplied link and
>> installed
>> it, and it still doesn't work. Any further ideas?

> Do you have the installer version of Mozilla or just the zipped release?
> What's the exact meaning of "doesn't work" in your case?
>
> --
> -+ Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
> +- http://www.demogracia.com (la web de humor barnizada para la
> intemperie)
> ++ Manda tus dudas al grupo, no a mi buzón
> -+ Send your questions to the group, not to my mailbox

Leonidas Jones

Stan Shelton wrote:
> Firefox came with my new computer and was ready to use, or seemed to be. By
> saying it still "doesn't work", I mean, the crossword puzzle still doesn't
> show and I still can't play the game.
> ss
>
> "Alvaro G. Vicario" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1fkbdlk8zoqqu$.14kwr0f33jbsu$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>
>>*** Stan Shelton escribió/wrote (Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:40:10 -0800):
>>
>>>That was already installed, but I went to your supplied link and
>>>installed
>>>it, and it still doesn't work. Any further ideas?

>>Do you have the installer version of Mozilla or just the zipped release?
>>What's the exact meaning of "doesn't work" in your case?

Firefox came preinstalled on your new computer? Really????

Cool!!!!

Where do you get the machine?

Lee

Stan Shelton

"Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rYRPd.35856$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Stan Shelton wrote:
>> Firefox came with my new computer and was ready to use, or seemed to be.
>> By saying it still "doesn't work", I mean, the crossword puzzle still
>> doesn't show and I still can't play the game.
>> ss
>>
>> "Alvaro G. Vicario" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:1fkbdlk8zoqqu$.14kwr0f33jbsu$(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>>Do you have the installer version of Mozilla or just the zipped release?
>>>What's the exact meaning of "doesn't work" in your case?
>>>

> Firefox came preinstalled on your new computer? Really????
>
> Cool!!!!
>
> Where do you get the machine?
>
> Lee

I bought it at CompUSA. I'm working on the rebate slips now.
ss

Thomas Halstead

Stan Shelton wrote:
> "Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:rYRPd.35856$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Stan Shelton wrote:
>>
>>>Firefox came with my new computer and was ready to use, or seemed to be.
>>>By saying it still "doesn't work", I mean, the crossword puzzle still
>>>doesn't show and I still can't play the game.
>>>ss
>>>
>>>"Alvaro G. Vicario" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:1fkbdlk8zoqqu$.14kwr0f33jbsu$(E-Mail Removed) et...

>>Firefox came preinstalled on your new computer? Really????
>>
>>Cool!!!!
>>
>>Where do you get the machine?
>>
>>Lee

> I bought it at CompUSA. I'm working on the rebate slips now.
> ss

What is the brand of the machine?

Stan Shelton

HP a820n
ss

news:GUSPd.9280$(E-Mail Removed)...

Stan Shelton wrote:
> HP a820n
> ss
>
> "Thomas Halstead" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:GUSPd.9280$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Stan Shelton wrote:
>>
>>>"Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:rYRPd.35856$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>I bought it at CompUSA. I'm working on the rebate slips now.
>>>ss

>>What is the brand of the machine?

There is a God!

Lee