Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Better PDF plugins?

Better PDF plugins?

Kneewax

Anyone know a better PDF viwer that will also plugin to Firefox? I am
cheesd off with Adobe Acrobat, it just tries to damned hard these days,
and takes ages to load because of it.

Cheers Kneewax
History is an illusion caused by the passage of time.
Time is an illusion caused by the passage of History
- Wave Harmonic Theory of
Historical Perception (DNA)

Make my 'cold' a 'hot' to mail me!

Tony Raven

Kneewax wrote:
> Anyone know a better PDF viwer that will also plugin to Firefox? I am
> cheesd off with Adobe Acrobat, it just tries to damned hard these days,
> and takes ages to load because of it.

That's because it loads load of junk that you don't usually need. If
you download and run Adobe Reader Speedup from
http://www.tnk-bootblock.co.uk/prods/misc/ it will solve your problem
and Adobe will load in seconds.

Tony

Reg Mouatt

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:40:53 +0000, Tony Raven <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Kneewax wrote:
>> Anyone know a better PDF viwer that will also plugin to Firefox? I am
>> cheesd off with Adobe Acrobat, it just tries to damned hard these days,
>> and takes ages to load because of it.
>>

>That's because it loads load of junk that you don't usually need. If
>you download and run Adobe Reader Speedup from
>http://www.tnk-bootblock.co.uk/prods/misc/ it will solve your problem
>and Adobe will load in seconds.
>
>Tony

Thanks for the tip, Tony,
What a difference!!!

Reg

John Cheever

Tony Raven wrote
> That's because it loads load of junk that you don't usually need. If
> you download and run Adobe Reader Speedup from
> http://www.tnk-bootblock.co.uk/prods/misc/ it will solve your problem
> and Adobe will load in seconds.
>
> Tony

Brilliant link Tony, what a difference!

--
John Cheever
http://upsd.co.uk

Kneewax

John Cheever wrote:
> Tony Raven wrote
>
>> That's because it loads load of junk that you don't usually need. If
>> you download and run Adobe Reader Speedup from
>> http://www.tnk-bootblock.co.uk/prods/misc/ it will solve your problem
>> and Adobe will load in seconds.
>>
>> Tony

Thanks tony thats great.

Kneewax

History is an illusion caused by the passage of time.
Time is an illusion caused by the passage of History
- Wave Harmonic Theory of
Historical Perception (DNA)

Make my 'cold' a 'hot' to mail me!

Poly-poly man

Man! I got so annoyed with how slow Adobe was! Now, I barely have time
to see the splash screen! THanks for the tip
-Poly-poly man

Tony Raven wrote:
>> Anyone know a better PDF viwer that will also plugin to Firefox? I am
>> cheesd off with Adobe Acrobat, it just tries to damned hard these
>> days, and takes ages to load because of it.

> That's because it loads load of junk that you don't usually need. If
> you download and run Adobe Reader Speedup from
> / it will solve your problem
> and Adobe will load in seconds.

What does this executable change?

I'm very reluctant to blindly run something like this, which offers no
explanation at all, either when run or on the web site, for what it's
changing.

Tony Raven

Z wrote:

> What does this executable change?
>
> I'm very reluctant to blindly run something like this, which offers no
> explanation at all, either when run or on the web site, for what it's
> changing.

When you run it it tells you what it plans to change and gives you the
opportunity to change the default selection. Its removing a whole range
of plug ins which take a long time to load cumulatively but are very
rarely (read virtually never) used.

Tony