Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Ipix plugin

Ipix plugin

Paul Blarmy

Using the instructions at:
http://www.ipix.com/download/manual.shtml
I have tried to install the Ipix Viewer plugin for Firefox 1.0 and have
had no success at all.

Any other ways to get this plugin to work?
Thanks

--
EMail address is disposable and NEVER checked.
Outgoing message is certified VIRUS FREE by

Peter Boerhof

Paul Blarmy wrote:
> Using the instructions at:
> http://www.ipix.com/download/manual.shtml
> I have tried to install the Ipix Viewer plugin for Firefox 1.0 and have
> had no success at all.
>
> Any other ways to get this plugin to work?
> Thanks

Did you unzip the dll files to the Firfox plugin directorie?

type aboutlugin in your location bar to see if the plugin is there.

FAQ: http://infomedia.ipix.com/support/ipiximages/faq.shtml

In installed the plugin and it works but wenn closing the Imagewindow
Mozilla crashes (1.8a5). The java version works fine.

Peter

-=-=-
.... I wish I'd stolen that tagline.

Paul Blarmy

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:16:51 +0100, Peter Boerhof wrote...

> Did you unzip the dll files to the Firfox plugin directorie?

Yes

> type aboutlugin in your location bar to see if the plugin is there.

Yes it is. Listed as:

Internet Pictures Corp. iPIX Plugin v6.2
File name: NpIpx32.dll
Netscape Plugin iPIX Viewer

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/photobubble Photobubble bub Yes
application/pbautomation Automation aut Yes
application/x-ipix IPIX ipx Yes
application/x-ipscript IPScript ips Yes

But when I go to the page with the Ipix pics all I get is a "For MSIE
3,4+" message instead of the pics.

--

Paul Blarmy wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:16:51 +0100, Peter Boerhof wrote...
>

>>Did you unzip the dll files to the Firfox plugin directorie?

> Yes
>

>>type aboutlugin in your location bar to see if the plugin is there.

> Yes it is. Listed as:
>
> Internet Pictures Corp. iPIX Plugin v6.2
> File name: NpIpx32.dll
> Netscape Plugin iPIX Viewer
>
> MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
> application/photobubble Photobubble bub Yes
> application/pbautomation Automation aut Yes
> application/x-ipix IPIX ipx Yes
> application/x-ipscript IPScript ips Yes
>
> But when I go to the page with the Ipix pics all I get is a "For MSIE
> 3,4+" message instead of the pics.

Did you test it with the Sample Images on the IPIX site?
Link to IPIX sample images :

http://infomedia.ipix.com/support/ip...s/faq.shtml#3a

What's the url of the site you visited to see the IPIX images?

Peter.
-=-=-
.... If you can't write 'em, steal 'em.

Peter Boerhof

Peter Boerhof wrote:

> Did you test it with the Sample Images on the IPIX site?
> Link to IPIX sample images :
>
> http://infomedia.ipix.com/support/ip...s/faq.shtml#3a
>
> What's the url of the site you visited to see the IPIX images?
>
> Peter.
> -=-=-
> ... If you can't write 'em, steal 'em.
> * TagZilla 0.049 * http://tagzilla.mozdev.org

I also tested the viewer in Firefox 1.0 and it works with the sample
images on the IPIX site , but i have to close the window by clicking on
the x on the rightupper corner , if i use "close window" on the right
bottom Firefox crashes.

Peter.
-=-=-
.... REMEMBER: Taglines are sacred! So steal this one-NOW!

Paul Blarmy

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:00:12 +0100, Peter Boerhof wrote...

http://www.melashotels.com/h_virtual_en.html

--
EMail address is disposable and NEVER checked.
Outgoing message is certified VIRUS FREE by
*me* using nothing more than common sense.

FS: iPIX Virtual Tour Digital Camera Kit. John Digital Photography 1 06-02-2011 04:46 PM
Ipix Alan Smithey Digital Photography 3 12-31-2004 02:02 AM
IPIX photo shooting (RePosting) SGershon Digital Photography 0 02-24-2004 03:54 PM
IPIX photo shooting SGershon Digital Photography 0 02-22-2004 11:43 AM
iPix Forum or Newsgroup Scott Digital Photography 1 10-05-2003 12:16 AM

Advertisments