Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > windows Authentication - windows login screen

windows Authentication - windows login screen

=?Utf-8?B?cmFhZ3o=?=

Hi,

I am developing an intranet portal and i have used Windows Authentication.
The application is hosted on a windows 2003 server with .NET Framework 1.1.
I have set the session timeout to 20 minutes in the web.config.
The application is a reporting tool and at times there are some long running
queries which may take 5-6 minutes to run .
when my application(site) is accessed by users, few users are getting the
windows authentication Login screen while they are running these long
running queries (but this happens on random basis and not every time). but i
dont get any such windows login screen no matter how long the query takes to
execute.

The Web application is hosted on a different domain while the users are in a
different domain. While I as a developer access the site from the same domain
where the application is hosted.

please suggest.

Raagz

MattC

Do you have a trust set up between the two domains?

MattC
"raagz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am developing an intranet portal and i have used Windows Authentication.
> The application is hosted on a windows 2003 server with .NET Framework

1.1.
> I have set the session timeout to 20 minutes in the web.config.
> The application is a reporting tool and at times there are some long

running
> queries which may take 5-6 minutes to run .
> when my application(site) is accessed by users, few users are getting the
> windows authentication Login screen while they are running these long
> running queries (but this happens on random basis and not every time). but

> dont get any such windows login screen no matter how long the query takes

> execute.
>
> The Web application is hosted on a different domain while the users are in

> different domain. While I as a developer access the site from the same

domain
> where the application is hosted.
>
> please suggest.
>
> Raagz

=?Utf-8?B?cmFhZ3o=?=

Hi Matt,

Yes , the trust has been setup between the two domains.
I am getting these errors mainly when there are long running queries in the
Database.

is this got anything to do with the Windows Authentication ?

Regards
Raagz