Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox Version 1.0 Working Set, Tabbed Windows-Pages

Firefox Version 1.0 Working Set, Tabbed Windows-Pages

goonmunster

Hi,

I like to use firefox multiple tabs as a admin tool. While doing so I
use the same 6 or 7 web pages in firefox browser tabbed windows. Does
anyone know if there is any way to save and restore (preserve) my
working set (pages in tabs) so, I don't have set the tabs every time I
start firefox?

I like to be able to click on desktop icon and have all 6 or seven
pages open in their respective tabs. Is this possible? If so please
post directions.

Thank you and Happy Valentines.
__________________________________________________ __
The Brockton Initiative (http://brockton.dyndns.org)
Egon Phillips, Chair

Leonidas Jones

goonmunster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I like to use firefox multiple tabs as a admin tool. While doing so I
> use the same 6 or 7 web pages in firefox browser tabbed windows. Does
> anyone know if there is any way to save and restore (preserve) my
> working set (pages in tabs) so, I don't have set the tabs every time I
> start firefox?
>
> I like to be able to click on desktop icon and have all 6 or seven
> pages open in their respective tabs. Is this possible? If so please
> post directions.
>

> Thank you and Happy Valentines.
> __________________________________________________ __
> The Brockton Initiative (http://brockton.dyndns.org)
> Egon Phillips, Chair

It sounds like you want to open these pages as a start page. If so,
just open the tabs as like. Tools>>Options>>General>>Home Page

Click the Use Current Pages button.

You can also save the tab set as a bookmarks folder and open them all at
once from there.

Lee

graeme@invalid

goonmunster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I like to use firefox multiple tabs as a admin tool. While doing so I
> use the same 6 or 7 web pages in firefox browser tabbed windows. Does
> anyone know if there is any way to save and restore (preserve) my
> working set (pages in tabs) so, I don't have set the tabs every time I
> start firefox?
>
> I like to be able to click on desktop icon and have all 6 or seven
> pages open in their respective tabs. Is this possible? If so please
> post directions.
>

> Thank you and Happy Valentines.
> __________________________________________________ __
> The Brockton Initiative (http://brockton.dyndns.org)
> Egon Phillips, Chair

Yes I have seven pages that open in tabs every time Firefox opens.

1.Open Bookmarks\Manage Bookmarks\New Bookmark\ Then name a new Bookmark
Start Up and put it at the top of the bookmarks. Then drop and drag your
favourite pages into it.

2.Go to Tools\Options\General\Home Page\Click on Use Bookmark and click
on O.K. at the bottom of the page.

3. If want it to work without having to click on the tabs then download
the extension Tabbrowser Preferences, then you merely have to move the
mouse over the Tab to open it.

--
So long and thanks for all the fish.

egon.phillips

graeme@invalid wrote in message news:<420d7bb0$0$7310$(E-Mail Removed) u>...
> goonmunster wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I like to use firefox multiple tabs as a admin tool. While doing so I
> > use the same 6 or 7 web pages in firefox browser tabbed windows. Does
> > anyone know if there is any way to save and restore (preserve) my
> > working set (pages in tabs) so, I don't have set the tabs every time I
> > start firefox?
> >
> > I like to be able to click on desktop icon and have all 6 or seven
> > pages open in their respective tabs. Is this possible? If so please
> > post directions.
> >

> > Thank you and Happy Valentines.
> > __________________________________________________ __
> > The Brockton Initiative (http://brockton.dyndns.org)
> > Egon Phillips, Chair
> >

> Yes I have seven pages that open in tabs every time Firefox opens.
>
> 1.Open Bookmarks\Manage Bookmarks\New Bookmark\ Then name a new Bookmark
> Start Up and put it at the top of the bookmarks. Then drop and drag your
> favourite pages into it.
>
> 2.Go to Tools\Options\General\Home Page\Click on Use Bookmark and click
> on O.K. at the bottom of the page.
>
> 3. If want it to work without having to click on the tabs then download
> the extension Tabbrowser Preferences, then you merely have to move the
> mouse over the Tab to open it.

Thank you, but unfortunately, Tools\Options\General\Home Page for is
already in use. I've also tried the extension "Session Saver". But,
I can figure out how to convince "session saver" to restore all the
pages in a fameset. "Session Saver" will open the page in the first
frame, but no additional pages.
Given the following page with frames A and B:
_ _
|A|B|
- -
"Session saver" will open page A, but not page B. Does anyone know
how to convince session saver to restore all the pages of a frameset?