Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET and BLACKBERRY

ASP.NET and BLACKBERRY

John Cosmas

Has anyone had the pleasure of developing ASP.NET applications of the
BlackBerry? I just built a simple application, and it seems not generate
incomplete HTML tags. For instance, when an <INPUT is created, it closes it
with /> instead of a straight >. And for some reason whatsoever, there are
carriage/return line feeds between each new <table> tag. While IE responds
appropriately, the BlackBerry browser puts a <BR> between each <TD> tag as
well. Comments and pointers please!

Alex Feinman [MVP]

First of all this question is not relevant to the compact framework
newsgroup.
Having said that, you would be better off if you use Mobile ASP.NET (create
a new project and choose Mobile ASP.NET application). To ensure proper
Blackberry support make sure that web server has device update 4 installed

Alex Feinman
---
Visit http://www.opennetcf.org
"John Cosmas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eWJse.1451$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone had the pleasure of developing ASP.NET applications of the
> BlackBerry? I just built a simple application, and it seems not generate
> incomplete HTML tags. For instance, when an <INPUT is created, it closes
> it with /> instead of a straight >. And for some reason whatsoever, there
> are carriage/return line feeds between each new <table> tag. While IE
> responds appropriately, the BlackBerry browser puts a <BR> between each
> <TD> tag as well. Comments and pointers please!

Blackberry and Gmail Bosco836 Computer Support 4 01-05-2009 12:00 PM
Help with ICS on XP and internet via BlackBerry dna0603@yahoo.com Wireless Networking 2 09-28-2006 09:51 PM
Blackberry and SSL John Goche Java 1 01-19-2006 03:54 PM
Blackberry and XP and Office 2003 The bud Computer Support 1 03-22-2005 05:48 PM
Blackberry and web services nzpcmad Java 1 12-06-2004 11:16 PM

Advertisments