Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Validation summary control

Validation summary control

=?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHk=?=

Hello -

If I use a validation summary control and set the ShowMessageBox to true,
will the messagebox that comes up be blocked by pop-up blockers?

Does the messagebox work in all browsers or just IE?

--
Sandy

TJS

it should not be blocked as a popup because the messagebaox is a javascript
alert

the asp.net validation is only stable in IE, it doesn't always work
correctly in other browsers even if there is an updated browsercaps
regardless if it clientside or serverside

"Sandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello -
>
> If I use a validation summary control and set the ShowMessageBox to true,
> will the messagebox that comes up be blocked by pop-up blockers?
>
> Does the messagebox work in all browsers or just IE?
>
> --
> Sandy

=?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHk=?=

TJS -

Thanks so much for your response!

If asp.net validation doesn't always work correctly in other browsers, what
is the best practice with regard to validation?

--
Sandy

"TJS" wrote:

> it should not be blocked as a popup because the messagebaox is a javascript
> alert
>
> the asp.net validation is only stable in IE, it doesn't always work
> correctly in other browsers even if there is an updated browsercaps
> regardless if it clientside or serverside
>

> "Sandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello -
> >
> > If I use a validation summary control and set the ShowMessageBox to true,
> > will the messagebox that comes up be blocked by pop-up blockers?
> >
> > Does the messagebox work in all browsers or just IE?
> >
> > --
> > Sandy

Brock Allen

> If asp.net validation doesn't always work correctly in other browsers,
> what is the best practice with regard to validation?

Client side validation is only icing anyway. You should always be doing server
side validation and ASP.NET does that for all requests regardless of ther
browser. So, use the validation controls. Check IsValid in the server. In
ASP.NET 2.0 they're attempting to generate javascript that works in most
browsers.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

TJS

The best way is to use write your own code which will verify entries on the
server side before processing.