Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Question regarding newsgroups on Thunderbird

Question regarding newsgroups on Thunderbird

For some reason each time I go to a newsgroups it shows there are
messages there to read but when I click on the individual newsgroup the
count disappears and there is nothing to read. I have marked the
individual ng as read (mark all as read), but the next time I go there
it again shows messages but again nothing there. Is there any other
cure other than deleting the newsgroup and subscribing again? Thanks
for any answers.

Lee

Leonidas Jones

Delete wrote:
> For some reason each time I go to a newsgroups it shows there are
> messages there to read but when I click on the individual newsgroup the
> count disappears and there is nothing to read. I have marked the
> individual ng as read (mark all as read), but the next time I go there
> it again shows messages but again nothing there. Is there any other
> cure other than deleting the newsgroup and subscribing again? Thanks
> for any answers.
>
> Lee

Close TB, and navigate to the News subfolder in your profile folder.
Find the msf file for the newsgroup and delete it. For example, the
..msf file for this group would be alt.fan.mozilla.msf.

Open Thunderbird and go to the group. Headers will have to be
redownloaded, but once its done, all should be as before.

Lee

John Cheever

Leonidas Jones wrote:

> Close TB, and navigate to the News subfolder in your profile folder.
> Find the msf file for the newsgroup and delete it. For example, the
> .msf file for this group would be alt.fan.mozilla.msf.
>
> Open Thunderbird and go to the group. Headers will have to be
> redownloaded, but once its done, all should be as before.
>
> Lee

Hi Lee,

Umm... where is the profile folder? :O/
--
John Cheever
http://upsd.co.uk

Roland

See <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder>
--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter
___ ___
/__/ w_/ /__/
/ \ /_/ / \

John Cheever

Roland wrote:

> See <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder>

Thunderbird wasn't in that folder. However Firefox and Firebird were.
Still, I did as instructed and it worked.
Thanks to all.
--
John Cheever
http://upsd.co.uk

Leonidas Jones

John Cheever wrote:
> Roland wrote:
>
>> See <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder>

> Thunderbird wasn't in that folder. However Firefox and Firebird were.
> Still, I did as instructed and it worked.
> Thanks to all.

Thunderbird profiles live in their own folder in Application Data,
rather then as a subfolder in the Mozilla folder.

Lee