Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > grant application permissions on server host

grant application permissions on server host

Andreas Zita

Hi

I have some space on a server host where I put my asp.net applications.
However I (my app) doesn't seem to have write permissions to it's folders. I
want to save some log-files ~Server.MapPath("log.xml") but I have no access.
Can I configure my app directly from my own computer? by ftp? The app has MS
Frontpage ext installed if that helps .. ? Or is the server admin the only
one who can grant my app this access?

Thanks for any help!

/Andreas

hashimisayed@gmail.com

You cannot give yourself permissions. Have you tried asking the hosting
company to give you the aspnet accout write permissions to your log
folder/file?

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

To grant permissions, you would need to be able to impersonate an account
hat actually had the relevent permissions you were looking to grant.
Usually with hosted accounts this is really more appropriately done by
asking the hosting provider to simple enable write access to the area you
request.

--
Regards

John Timney