Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Forcing textbox to refresh

Forcing textbox to refresh

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

I have a hyperlink below:-
<asp:HyperLink
ID="Hyperlink2"NavigateUrl='<%#"AddToCart.aspx?pro ductID=" &
DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.ProductID") >Add</asp:HyperLink>

And i want to force a textbox so i can get the right string to add to
the link above..
How can i force textbox to refresh?
Any ideas?

Brock Allen

What do you mean "force a textbox to refresh" and what's the right string
to add to the textbox?

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> I have a hyperlink below:-
> <asp:HyperLink
> ID="Hyperlink2"NavigateUrl='<%#"AddToCart.aspx?pro ductID=" &
> DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.ProductID") >Add</asp:HyperLink>
> And i want to force a textbox so i can get the right string to add to
> the link above..
> How can i force textbox to refresh?
> Any ideas?

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Brock thx for the reply.
My scenario was that before the user clicks the hyperlink i needed to do
a postback so that i can retrieve the correct string to the textbox and
appeend it to the Hyperlink QueryString.
But the the textbox can only have a maxlenght of 10
But i ended up doing is using a javascript and used onKeyup
so after the users typed in exactly 10 digits i used
Document.Form.Submit and refreshed the page

By the way do you know if i can get Boolean TRUE or FALSE when using
CheckBoxList.With CheckBox1.Select i can return TRUE but not FALSE..
I know with CheckBox if i use CheckBox1.Checked it returns both..

Any ideas?

Brock Allen

> By the way do you know if i can get Boolean TRUE or FALSE when using
> CheckBoxList.With CheckBox1.Select i can return TRUE but not FALSE.. I
> know with CheckBox if i use CheckBox1.Checked it returns both..

The Items in the CheckBoxList have a Selected property, and when posted back
the Value is True or False.