Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox Search Engines

Firefox Search Engines

Jim

What is the default search engine used if one types a search term in
the URL box?. And (how) can it be changed?

Also...I wanted to add google search to the search box in the upper
right. Its supposed to be there, according to Firefox Central, but is
not. The links to plugs ins have scads of google entries, none of
which were very recently updated, so I'm not sure if any are the
general google search engine I want.

Leonidas Jones

Jim wrote:
> What is the default search engine used if one types a search term in
> the URL box?. And (how) can it be changed?
>
> Also...I wanted to add google search to the search box in the upper
> right. Its supposed to be there, according to Firefox Central, but is
> not. The links to plugs ins have scads of google entries, none of
> which were very recently updated, so I'm not sure if any are the
> general google search engine I want.

http://mycroft.mozdev.org/

Lee