Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Mozilla 1.7.5 Fails to load page.

Mozilla 1.7.5 Fails to load page.

jOHN

Hi,

Mozilla loops trying to load up
<http://www.winamp.com/support/help/50/Winamp5.htm>.
Tried twiddling it's soft spots but ....

Any ideas please.

TIA

jOHN

Version : Mozilla 1.7.5 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041217)

jOHN wrote:
> Mozilla loops trying to load up
> <http://www.winamp.com/support/help/50/Winamp5.htm>.
> Tried twiddling it's soft spots but ....
>
> Any ideas please.

Update. It loads fine with FF 1.0.

Ed Mullen

jOHN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mozilla loops trying to load up
> <http://www.winamp.com/support/help/50/Winamp5.htm>.
> Tried twiddling it's soft spots but ....
>
> Any ideas please.
>
> TIA
>
> jOHN
>
> Version : Mozilla 1.7.5 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
> rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041217)

No ideas. Loads fine here, 1.7.5, Win XP SP2. However, the status bar
shows
http://www.winamp.com/support/help/50/What_You_Can_Do_with_Winamp.htm",
the progress bar stays full, and I keep seeing data flow over my
firewall. The throbber icon in the upper right of the Moz window,
however, is NOT cycling. They must be doing some kind of refresh in the
page code. IE's status bar shows "Done" but I still see data flow on
the firewall as though the page is refreshing. Tried several links on
that menu and the same thing happens on all of them.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

jOHN

Z <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:uDhNd.9741$(E-Mail Removed):

> jOHN wrote:
>> Mozilla loops trying to load up
>> <http://www.winamp.com/support/help/50/Winamp5.htm>.
>> Tried twiddling it's soft spots but ....
>>
>> Any ideas please.

> Update. It loads fine with FF 1.0.

Thanks for the advice, but I'd prefer not to swap over at the moment, I had
enough problems with the win95 --> XP upgrade a couple of momths ago.

Thnaks

jOHN.

-

Ed Mullen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> jOHN wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Mozilla loops trying to load up
>> <http://www.winamp.com/support/help/50/Winamp5.htm>.
>> Tried twiddling it's soft spots but ....
>>
>> Any ideas please.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> jOHN
>>
>> Version : Mozilla 1.7.5 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1;
>> en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041217)
>>

> No ideas. Loads fine here, 1.7.5, Win XP SP2. However, the status
> bar shows
> http://www.winamp.com/support/help/50/What_You_Can_Do_with_Winamp.htm",
> the progress bar stays full, and I keep seeing data flow over my
> firewall. The throbber icon in the upper right of the Moz window,
> however, is NOT cycling. They must be doing some kind of refresh in
> the page code. IE's status bar shows "Done" but I still see data flow
> on the firewall as though the page is refreshing. Tried several links
> on that menu and the same thing happens on all of them.

At least you got something displayed, I just get a blank page, and the
progress bar cycles. I wonder if I've disabled one too many of XPs
services. I'll go tweek those and hope my firewall's up to the job of
keeping $'s nose out of my machine.

Thanks

jOHN.

jOHN