Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Getting user password from Active Directory

Getting user password from Active Directory

Diego F.

Is it possible to get user password from active directory? I want to
authenticate a user with Active Directory. I can get the name or email, but
I don't know if I can get the password.

--
Regards,

Diego F.

Leon Mayne [MVP]

Diego F. wrote:
> Is it possible to get user password from active directory? I want to
> authenticate a user with Active Directory. I can get the name or
> email, but I don't know if I can get the password.

No, the password is stored in a hashed state and cannot be retrieved.

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Sorry no way..
Eventually u can validate against it

Diego F.

I could do it with the info in that page:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...SecNetHT02.asp

--
Regards,

Diego F.

"Patrick Olurotimi Ige" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry no way..
> Eventually u can validate against it

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Do u want to retrieve the password or you want to validate against
Active Directory?

Diego F.

It was enough with AD validation. Thank you.

--
Regards,

Diego F.

"Patrick Olurotimi Ige" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do u want to retrieve the password or you want to validate against
> Active Directory?

zullu zullu is offline
Junior Member

Hi Diego,

Can you share the information of getting the user details and even the Manager details from AD.

I was looking at creating a web service and consuming it in an InfoPath Form 2007.

Please let me know if u may be able to help me out.
Thanks in advance.