Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox Maximum Font Size??

Firefox Maximum Font Size??

Jonathan Wolgamuth

I did a google search already and have not been able to find a
solution.

I've been using Firefox for a while now, and I really like it.
However, I
really like to control the size of the fonts. I don't mean limiting
how
small the fonts can be, but how *large* the fonts can be. I always
want
the page to use my font sizes (very small).

No matter how many times I reduce the font size on one page using
Ctrl+-
(middle wheel button and Ctrl too), the next page I go to still shows
some
large and some small.

I know this isn't a huge deal, but is there a way to fix the font size
once
and for all??

=?UTF-8?B?4YCm4YC44YCm4YC44YCY4YCv4YCb4YCE4YC5?=

Jonathan Wolgamuth wrote:

>I did a google search already and have not been able to find a
>solution.
>
>I've been using Firefox for a while now, and I really like it.
>However, I
>really like to control the size of the fonts. I don't mean limiting
>how
>small the fonts can be, but how *large* the fonts can be. I always
>want
>the page to use my font sizes (very small).
>
>No matter how many times I reduce the font size on one page using
>Ctrl+-
>(middle wheel button and Ctrl too), the next page I go to still shows
>some
>large and some small.
>
>I know this isn't a huge deal, but is there a way to fix the font size
>once
>and for all??

http://www.mozilla.org/support/firef...fontsandcolors

Jonathan Wolgamuth

Thanks for pointing that out, but I've read that documentation several
times.

I guess I'll just have to resign myself to the fact that this is one
thing about IE that I like better than Firefox.

Jon

Nathan DeGruchy

Jonathan Wolgamuth

Nathan DeGruchy said:

[...]
> If you can't seem to live with /that/ then try:
>
> * { font-size: some-percentage-here% !important }
>
> this means to keep your settings, overriding other attempts at

styling.
[...]

Yes, this is what I'm looking for! I found the example userContent.css
and put it on my C:\Program Files\Mozilla
Firefox\defaults\profile\chrome directory. I then put at the bottom
(I'm assuming that * means commented out):

{ font-size: 75% !important }

However, this doesn't affect anything. I've restarted Firefox and
tried other things as well.

{ font-size: 11pt !important }

Nothing seems to force the fonts to be the minimum size. Any
suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong??

Thanks for your help so far--I'm almost worried that I know about this
now. I remember how much time I wasted working on the Xnews.ini file.
:-\

Jon

Jonathan Wolgamuth

In message news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com on
07 Feb 2005, Jonathan Wolgamuth said to all at alt.fan.mozilla

> Yes, this is what I'm looking for! I found the example
> userContent.css and put it on my C:\Program Files\Mozilla
> Firefox\defaults\profile\chrome directory. I then put at the bottom
> (I'm assuming that * means commented out):
>
> { font-size: 75% !important }
>
> However, this doesn't affect anything. I've restarted Firefox and
> tried other things as well.
>
> { font-size: 11pt !important }
>
> Nothing seems to force the fonts to be the minimum size. Any
> suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong??

Okay, not that anyone was watching this thread, but if anyone cares, I
was missing the *.

* is not the comment indicator for .css files. It has to do with the /*
to */ that keeps comments in bounds apart from the actual code. The *
was necessary as a wildcard in my expression which means it applies to
*all* fonts.

Later,

--

Jonathan Wolgamuth <jonwolgamuth(at)gmail(dot)com>

"I remember being knocked out by their, their exuberance, their raw
power - and their punctuality."

M.D.

Ed Mullen

Jonathan Wolgamuth wrote:

> In message news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com on
> 07 Feb 2005, Jonathan Wolgamuth said to all at alt.fan.mozilla
>

>>Yes, this is what I'm looking for! I found the example
>>userContent.css and put it on my C:\Program Files\Mozilla
>>Firefox\defaults\profile\chrome directory. I then put at the bottom
>>(I'm assuming that * means commented out):
>>
>>{ font-size: 75% !important }
>>
>>However, this doesn't affect anything. I've restarted Firefox and
>>tried other things as well.
>>
>>{ font-size: 11pt !important }
>>
>>Nothing seems to force the fonts to be the minimum size. Any
>>suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong??

> Okay, not that anyone was watching this thread, but if anyone cares, I
> was missing the *.
>
> * is not the comment indicator for .css files. It has to do with the /*
> to */ that keeps comments in bounds apart from the actual code. The *
> was necessary as a wildcard in my expression which means it applies to
> *all* fonts.
>
> Later,

I do believe you need to put the userContent.css file in the chrome
folder of your profile - NOT in the Mozilla program folder.

http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_profile.html

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net