Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Oracle Connections left open

Oracle Connections left open

=?Utf-8?B?TiBTIFM=?=

I am using Microsoft .NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle inside ASP.NET.

DBA complains that it is leaving connections open, & the number of
connections open keeps on increasing.

Any help on this appreciated

Craig Deelsnyder

N S S wrote:
> I am using Microsoft .NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle inside ASP.NET.
>
> DBA complains that it is leaving connections open, & the number of
> connections open keeps on increasing.
>
> Any help on this appreciated

Hmmm, I thought pooling was supposed to be on by default....have you
tried setting the pooling parameters and see what happens, particularly
the connection timeout?

http://aspalliance.com/articleViewer.aspx?aId=560&pId=4

--
Craig Deelsnyder
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

=?Utf-8?B?TiBTIFM=?=

already tried various option including the one that you have mentioned, the
problem still remains

"Craig Deelsnyder" wrote:

> N S S wrote:
> > I am using Microsoft .NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle inside ASP.NET.
> >
> > DBA complains that it is leaving connections open, & the number of
> > connections open keeps on increasing.
> >
> > Any help on this appreciated

> Hmmm, I thought pooling was supposed to be on by default....have you
> tried setting the pooling parameters and see what happens, particularly
> the connection timeout?
>
> http://aspalliance.com/articleViewer.aspx?aId=560&pId=4
>
> --
> Craig Deelsnyder
> Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

=?Utf-8?B?R3JpZ3M=?=

N S S,

Did you ever figure this one out? I am having a similar issue.

--
Thanx,
Grigs

"N S S" wrote:

> already tried various option including the one that you have mentioned, the
> problem still remains
>
> "Craig Deelsnyder" wrote:
>
> > N S S wrote:
> > > I am using Microsoft .NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle inside ASP.NET.
> > >
> > > DBA complains that it is leaving connections open, & the number of
> > > connections open keeps on increasing.
> > >
> > > Any help on this appreciated

> > Hmmm, I thought pooling was supposed to be on by default....have you
> > tried setting the pooling parameters and see what happens, particularly
> > the connection timeout?
> >
> > http://aspalliance.com/articleViewer.aspx?aId=560&pId=4
> >
> > --
> > Craig Deelsnyder
> > Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

Brock Allen

Make sure you also call Close/Dispose on the Command objects as well for
Oracle -- if not, they'll leak.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> N S S,
>
> Did you ever figure this one out? I am having a similar issue.
>
> "N S S" wrote:
>
>> already tried various option including the one that you have
>> mentioned, the problem still remains

>>> Hmmm, I thought pooling was supposed to be on by default....have you
>>> tried setting the pooling parameters and see what happens,
>>> particularly the connection timeout?
>>>
>>> http://aspalliance.com/articleViewer.aspx?aId=560&pId=4
>>>
>>> --
>>> Craig Deelsnyder
>>> Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

=?Utf-8?B?R0M=?=

HI, this problem is identify by microsoft

Read these 2 articles they talk about this problem and how to fix it

http://www.kbalertz.com/Feedback_896501.aspx
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=330126